Battery Disconnect

shiftycapone

wandering the desert
Where is everyone mounting them per the NHRA rulebook? I was hoping to have it in the cab but I know it must be external in case of emergency. So where are people mounting them? Taligate, roll pan, bumper, bracket off the frame? Just getting ideas. :Cheer:

Roll pan area and clearly marked on and off. FYI it must kill the engine when battery is shut off.

I mounted mine about 6 inches up on the passenger side inside bedside. Pop the tail light out to have easy access to the back side. That way no a hole in a parking lot flips it. The only way it's visible is with the tailgate off.

Roll pan area and clearly marked on and off. FYI it must kill the engine when battery is shut off.

So this means the shutoff solenoid must be retained? Now I need to wire it in, good thing I kept it.

Its much easier to wire off of the asd relay to a toggle switch.

I mounted mine about 6 inches up on the passenger side inside bedside. Pop the tail light out to have easy access to the back side. That way no a hole in a parking lot flips it. The only way it's visible is with the tailgate off.

from my understanding this would not pass drag tech as you need to be able to get to it in case of a roll over and clearly see the off marking for safety crews.

from my understanding this would not pass drag tech as you need to be able to get to it in case of a roll over and clearly see the off marking for safety crews.

You can clearly see it. And easily access it. You just have to take off the tail gate to race. I'll get a picture. It did pass tech, it's kinda hard to explain

Last edited:
oh i got you you remove the tail gate while racing and it is acessable then.

The switch has to be in plain view of the starter or safety crew clearly marked and funcual to shut engine down in case of a wreck or leak at the starting line. I will try to get some pics.

yeah sorry the battery is in the back mounted to the frame rail (no bed) it is marked now that picture was taken to show the roll pan after I just finished painting and buffing it out.

Back