Battery Draining

Cbush314

If my truck sits for 12-18 hours, both batteries will drain. New batteries, clean cables and terminals, alternator charges at 14.7 volts...

I’ve unhooked the passenger battery and alternator output wire and left the driver side battery hooked up. Truck was dead after 18 hours.

I checked for power in the tipm to see if I had circuits staying hot, and over half of them were still getting power even though the truck had not been started in a day.

I also noticed windshield wiper operation erratic...

The truck is a 2006 big horn. Manual seats, power locks and windows, stock stereo etc. it has an air dog as it’s only aftermarket accessory.

Any input would be great.

Thank you everyone for all your thoughts, advice, and insight!

It ended up being the relay for the air dog

I want to know how you found the issue.
What method?

Mark.

If my truck sits for 12-18 hours, both batteries will drain. New batteries, clean cables and terminals, alternator charges at 14.7 volts...

I’ve unhooked the passenger battery and alternator output wire and left the driver side battery hooked up. Truck was dead after 18 hours.

I checked for power in the tipm to see if I had circuits staying hot, and over half of them were still getting power even though the truck had not been started in a day.

I also noticed windshield wiper operation erratic...

The truck is a 2006 big horn. Manual seats, power locks and windows, stock stereo etc. it has an air dog as it’s only aftermarket accessory.

Any input would be great.

Haha I think the wiper mod is common with 3rd gens. Mine does it from time to time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Found the relay hotter than hell, removed let truck sit overnight, no more battery voltage drop.

Back