BD diverter valve

98 12valve man.

No farms no Food
Anyone have any new updates on how there diver valves have been doing ? Everything I have read was from 4+ years ago. I have my new bd one sitting in the garage and I'm itching to put it on?

You can try it but most have given up on them. They get all sooted up and don't operate properly. If cleaned on a frequent basis it might do OK. A couple of guys melted turbine wheels when they stuck closed. Call Todd at PDD he melted one.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

Dang that's no good. If I took it apart and coated the shaft and all the swivel parts in high temp anti-seize would it help pro-long the life?

I got the BD one, the actuator was actually binding with my downpipe. So the valve couldn't properly articulate, it just made a bunch of back pressure and heat. It was more or less an experiment, got it pretty cheap in the classifieds. My spoolup with a 6.7 CR is nothing to complain about anyway ;)

I got the BD one, the actuator was actually binding with my downpipe. So the valve couldn't properly articulate, it just made a bunch of back pressure and heat. It was more or less an experiment, got it pretty cheap in the classifieds. My spoolup with a 6.7 CR is nothing to complain about anyway ;)

Ahhh gotcha. Could you not have bent ur down pipe a tad to clear the actuator?
But like you said maybe it was just more hassle than it's worth.
I hear mixed reviews, some say they don't know why everyone with a big single isn't running one and that they love them. Others say it was a waste of time lol. Guess I'll have to try and see

I'll end up building a dp around it and getting a bigger turbine housing at the same time, maybe a 1.0.

Your 72 has an 83 turbine, what housing?

I'll end up building a dp around it and getting a bigger turbine housing at the same time, maybe a 1.0.

Your 72 has an 83 turbine, what housing?

Yes I have the .91 housing. It use to be a little laggy but with my new motor and cam it spool up surprisingly fast now. Think I'll need to get a 1.0 or 1.10 housing if I run the valve?

id definitely have one or the other to try out, literally the best thing about the borgs, so easy to swap out cartridges or housings.

Back