BD Power Presents Super Diesel Perfect Package Challenge At World Finals

NHRDA

BD Power presents the Super Diesel "PERFECT PACKAGE CHALLENGE" and a chance to win $1,000 at the NHRDA World Finals Oct 3-4th, 2014 at the Texas Motorplex.

Details - http://www.nhrda.com/news_results_detailed.php?id=2987

WF-BD-FB.jpg

By perfect I'm assuming tripple 0 flat. I think it should be .009 or better R/T to give a better chance at winning. Hell even the NHRA guys that do it every weekend dont get into the .00 R/T range. Except Pro Stock drivers.

Right.. that number is not that easy to hit.... Maybe by accident

Same odds as the lotto.. Good luck on someone claiming that money!

Yea, I'm all about incentives, but I've only seen a couple of 11.90 passes. That would definitely be a nice bonus!

Well we could have zero chance to win extra money.

Chris you even running the class?

Well we could have zero chance to win extra money.

Chris you even running the class?

Definitely right about that its great incentive better than nothing but its not gonna happen.. I cant see anyone that is serious about winning the class willing to risk busting out or redlighting for a $1000..

And no im not but I do have time and support invested in my brothers sd rig you know this lol.

I hit an .006 light in Woodburn this year and ran a 11.902 in Edmonton a couple years back. My .006 light on the 4/10 protree is the best one I have ever heard of in Super Diesel. I think BD's money is safe, it' actually harder than getting two hole in one's on two consective holes and one is a par 4.

I don't think my truck comes of the line quick enough to hit a .000 reaction time unless I guessed and started moving before I saw yellow.
Maybe with a super duper deep stage, but then you risk pushing through the lights while spooling....
Oh, and then hit that perfect 11.90 pass assuming the other driver is right there so you're forced to try to nail it perfectly, rather than safely lift to ensure you don't break out.

I actually applaud BD, clever marketing that will probably never cost them a dime in prize/purse money.

Last edited:
I actually applaud BD, clever marketing that will probably never cost them a dime in prize/purse money.

Have you looked at BD's contingency "program"? You have to spend $250 with them in the current year to "qualify".

Have you looked at BD's contingency "program"? You have to spend $250 with them in the current year to "qualify".

No $hit?? Never looked at it. Contingency back in 2012 was a pretty good thing, have some part from the sponsors and with a receipt paid $100 if you won. I had 14 of them and won acouple of times, thanks to my buddy Jim for one of them, he let me use his truck at Indy. Thanks again Jim. :thankyou2:

I could see Josh or William pulling it off. But geez...

Why would they even try.. Redlighting or busting out takes them out of the race completely. Not really worth risking it imo if you have a truck thats capable of going rounds!

Back