beans vs exergy injectors

2000_fummins

jack of all master of few
I always here that for cr injectors you have to go with exergy, there the best ect ect. After seeing beans kiss build I'm not so shore. Pulse the obvious price differce. Can some one explain to me witch is better and why. I want the best but if I can save a few dollars an get something just as good why not go with beans. Thank you

I always here that for cr injectors you have to go with exergy, there the best ect ect. After seeing beans kiss build I'm not so shore. Pulse the obvious price differce. Can some one explain to me witch is better and why. I want the best but if I can save a few dollars an get something just as good why not go with beans. Thank you

You mean F1's? I loved my flux 3s. I have not had any experience though with exergy. You really can't go wrong with either choice!

As Joe said the K.I.S.S. truck had Flux aka Don M injectors.I like my Exergy injectors in mine but a lot of guys like the Flux injectors as well.

I have run back to back comparisons on the Flux 4s vs 100% over Exergys. Seat of the pants, the Flux 4's were down on power considerably and spool was slower. I drove from El Paso to Georgia with the Exergys and got 22.34 mpg. I drove back from Georgia to El Paso with the Flux 4's and got 17.7 mpg. Same distance and speed both ways. I'm not saying the Flux injectors aren't a decent choice, but for the couple hundred bucks difference I would get the Exergys. Plus the Exergys were much cleaner. Here's at the end of the trip with Flux's. LOL

IMG_0842_zpsebe332fe.jpg

I have no experience with the Flux's but I absolutely love my 100% over Exergys!

Have you looked into BBi's? I haven't tried them yet but they're supposedly better than anything else out there. They're not cheap though.

Just set of nozzles are a lot different than a fully balanced set of injectors too don't forget.
My Flux 6.2's (310 hp) didn't even haze at idle, the 7.5's i have now there is only a slight haze.
Exergy and F1 are both good choices

One can't compare mpg without a full round trip. What if one way is mostly downhill?

Second, between the f1's and exergy's the SOI is different from what I nderstand (no direct experience). You'll need to bump timing up with F1's

One can't compare mpg without a full round trip. What if one way is mostly downhill?

Second, between the f1's and exergy's the SOI is different from what I nderstand (no direct experience). You'll need to bump timing up with F1's

I should've added that I've been round trip with the Exergys twice before that, so I had something to compare the Fluxs too, but I agree. My test are hardly scientific, I just wanted to point out the differences that I saw. I wish that I could've run the Flux's on the track. That would've been a better comparison.

As far as "SOI", educated me please. I have no idea what that is?

I have run back to back comparisons on the Flux 4s vs 100% over Exergys. Seat of the pants, the Flux 4's were down on power considerably and spool was slower. I drove from El Paso to Georgia with the Exergys and got 22.34 mpg. I drove back from Georgia to El Paso with the Flux 4's and got 17.7 mpg. Same distance and speed both ways. I'm not saying the Flux injectors aren't a decent choice, but for the couple hundred bucks difference I would get the Exergys. Plus the Exergys were much cleaner. Here's at the end of the trip with Flux's. LOL

IMG_0842_zpsebe332fe.jpg

What turbo were you running? I could be wrong here but if I remember correctly the flux 4 would add "200hp" with right mods an the exergy were at "150hp". So it looks to me that the flux injectors put out more fuel an you didn't have enough air. Could be way off base here. Anyone run any back to back dyno pulls?

What turbo were you running? I could be wrong here but if I remember correctly the flux 4 would add "200hp" with right mods an the exergy were at "150hp". So it looks to me that the flux injectors put out more fuel an you didn't have enough air. Could be way off base here. Anyone run any back to back dyno pulls?

I was running a BW 475/83/.9, standard cover and cast wheel. I was under the impression that 100% overs were ~200hp as well, but I could be wrong.

start of injection

Lol well now I feel dumb. Thanks!

I had very good luck with Flux injectors from 1.8 to 3.5 over the past 8 years. I recently replaced the 3.5s with BBi 2s and they are better all the way around. Though they are bigger than the 3.5s they are cleaner and get better mileage and make way more power.

I've got Flux 4's and my truck is what inspired the KISS build and I love em. Never had a chance to try the Exergy's

Just set of nozzles are a lot different than a fully balanced set of injectors too don't forget.
My Flux 6.2's (310 hp) didn't even haze at idle, the 7.5's i have now there is only a slight haze.
Exergy and F1 are both good choices
Would you happen to still have the 6.2's?

I was running a BW 475/83/.9, standard cover and cast wheel. I was under the impression that 100% overs were ~200hp as well, but I could be wrong.

Lol well now I feel dumb. Thanks!

The Exergy 100% overs are rated at 200 horse. :Cheer:

Back