belt driven air compressors

L6powered

Has anyone installed one a 12v yet. I have blown my third electric air compressor this year and although I get them fixed under warranty I would like to step up to a more reliable system. I have thought about the kit from Kilby but they don't answer phone calls and I would like to talk to a live person rather than leave a message. If anyone has I would like info on the setup and what mods you had to do.

Look around on some of the 4x4 off road forums. There's plenty of talk about converting York style A/C compressors to air.

I have ran the kilby on a twelve valve. The cross bolt that holds the bracket for the alternater kept braking on mine. I would buy the pulley for the alt. and make the bracket for the york compressor. Good compressors, I burn them up every two or three years. Been running them on trucks of some sort for probably 25 years.

why not just use one off a 5.9 in a school bus or something with air brakes?
they mount where yout vac pump steering pump are now & usually have a steering pump on the back of it.
ed

they mount where yout vac pump steering pump are now & usually have a steering pump on the back of it.
ed

i have one i just took off my bus motor i would be willing to sell

ed

Pretty sure when using that in a Dodge application it eliminates the vacuum pump and even then the power steering pump interferes with the motor mount. I looked at doing the same thing.

You have to fabricate a motor mount to clear the assembly.

Pretty sure when using that in a Dodge application it eliminates the vacuum pump and even then the power steering pump interferes with the motor mount. I looked at doing the same thing.

You have to fabricate a motor mount to clear the assembly.

they make electric vacuum pumps:poke: just sayin

I have ran the kilby on a twelve valve. The cross bolt that holds the bracket for the alternater kept braking on mine. I would buy the pulley for the alt. and make the bracket for the york compressor. Good compressors, I burn them up every two or three years. Been running them on trucks of some sort for probably 25 years.

Can you get me pics of your setup. I was thinking of buying most parts from them and just making my own bracket. Thanks

We sell the air pumps based off of the York AC compressor. Its the same set up they use on the military hummers.

I thought the pumps on h1 were electric, not really what I am looking for. I have gone thru about 6 air compressors that are not cheap.

I also have a motor mounted compressor that would work on a 12v as it has angle cut gears, will not work on my CR with straight cut gears. It is rather large, not sure about the motor mount, but I also thing you might have to fab one up for it. Let me know if you want me to take pictures and size it up for ya.

I made a thread about this in the lounge but never went forward with it. Another option I considered was a pancake style compress that runs off a power inverter. It should last substantially longer.

What are you using your air for?

-Dustin-

I also have a motor mounted compressor that would work on a 12v as it has angle cut gears, will not work on my CR with straight cut gears. It is rather large, not sure about the motor mount, but I also thing you might have to fab one up for it. Let me know if you want me to take pictures and size it up for ya.

Sure I'm interested. Please post pics. Is this for on that goes mounted where the vacuum pump goes?

Yes it goes where the power steering/vac pump goes. I will take some tonight and post them in the AM.

Isn't there an issue with the regular aid compressor clearing the frame?

The one that mounts in place of the vacuum pump.

It will be tomorrow at least before I can get pictures, things happened last night that I have to take care of tonight, but I will get them up for you as soon as I can.

Isn't there an issue with the regular aid compressor clearing the frame?

The one that mounts in place of the vacuum pump.

Dont believe so it hugs the motor good. You need one? I got one I would sell came off my school bus motor.Also has power steering pump with it.

Dont believe so it hugs the motor good. You need one? I got one I would sell came off my school bus motor.Also has power steering pump with it.

YEAH!

The PS pump is mounted to the compressor???

SEND PICS!

Maybe I can a FORD it.:ford:

Back