Bending lines questions.

bsmith

Never enough
Anyone try to bend their stock lines to fit ppump?

Besides this guy
attachment.php?attachmentid=25832&d=1276904659

Also to the guys that bent custom lines for different intakes, what type of bender if any?

Do you use heat when bending?

Anyone know where to get the ends, the mushroom looking piece that fits in the crossover tubes and pump?

Thanks in advance!

Trust me its well worth the time and money to just go buy a set...

I don't see how. Free tubing, 50-80 bucks in fittings, my time.

That's a lot less than 540+ dollars for lines that don't fit well.

I know a guy that bent his stock lines using the ball mounted in his hitch, after blowing three of the 6 lines he bought. The stock ones are still kicking after two years now.

The only guy I know that bent his own lines took the ends off his VP lines and brazed them on.

I am assuming your free lines are used for high pressures and have a decent wall thickness? Aforementioned member said it cost him over $200 for just the line material due to the odd wall thickness.

He said he would not do a set again as he didn't really save much money, and it was a pretty long process.

The only guy I know that bent his own lines took the ends off his VP lines and brazed them on.

I am assuming your free lines are used for high pressures and have a decent wall thickness? Aforementioned member said it cost him over $200 for just the line material due to the odd wall thickness.

He said he would not do a set again as he didn't really save much money, and it was a pretty long process.

I have friends that work in the oil field industry, they told me they can get what ever size I needed.

I haven't actually brought my stock lines anywhere yet, but plan to this week. To see if its possible.
If I can't I still plan to bend my stockers, if that doesn't work then ill buy a set.

It doesn't hurt to try. I'm in no hurry, pump and injectors are away. Still need to pull charger and send it off and afford a cam some how and by not buy lines = a cam.

Back