Best aftermarket trans cooler?

Dido

I installed the ats co-pilot the thing is amazing but it makes my trans run about 15* hotter. I can get a ats trans cooler for really cheap but i want to see if anyone suggest any other one's that are better

Got this one from summit, haven't tried it yet tho. 16 pass.
2013-03-28_10-38-09_961.jpg

Hard to beat a Derale. Easy to find, proven reliable and can take a beating

I built a kit, deleted my factory set up.

Flex-a-lite 45321 32k GVW cooling http://www.summitracing.com/parts/flx-45321
B&M 70273 15k GVW cooling http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-70273
They cool the crap out of the trans too.

With the probe in the pan on the factory cooling set up I would hit 200* in traffic all day. With the probe relocated to the hot line with the new coolers I barely hit 130* in traffic and the hottest I can get it pulling my boat through the mountains at like 25 MPH with no lockup on a windy dirt rd is 180*, That is as hot as I have gotten her.

Tied them both together with -8AN line and fittings and put the temp probe in the hot line just off the trans.

my trans right now gets up to 198* when im running it really hard and i have a goerend competition trans with a deep pan so i shouldnt be seeing them numbers. just cruising its around 175 180 im gonna do some research but im liking the proweldperformance setup my lines right now are in bad shape and that kit replaces it all thanks for eveyone's feedback!

Got mine running with just the derale and now am going to add more, it's not enough by itself. Temperature in the mid 50s just the unloaded truck pan temps breaking 190.

I have a Goerend tranny and it would get up over 200 degrees when i was racing it with a derale cooler. so i bought a huge hydralic cooler that goes on a small tractor. Now i never see temps over 150.

Is everyone still leaving the factory cooler installed up front when running a extra cooler with a fan under the bed?

I would, since everything was out of mine I just tried the fan one, it's not enough.

I've been running the BD Performance Xtrude transmission cooler, with fan for about a year now. It does a great job, trans temp has never gone over 160* while towing, stays around 149-150* empty. Mount it under your bed and use it along with the stock cooler and you'll be good to go.

BD Power - Product: Xtrude Trans Oil Cooler

Back