best aftermarket valve springs

550 sounds like a very reasonable price. I'm still running my stock head gasket and bolts, but when it blows, I want to do cam and springs while I'm in there.

All these aftermarket 24v valve springs like Hamiltons, and F1's seem VERY similar to PAC valve spring # 1214 & # 1214 but for a lot less money. Seat pressures and load pressures are verrrrrrry close, O.D & I.D are verrrrrry close.

http://www.pacracing.com/beehive.html

scot

the problem with the #1214 is they coil bind at 1.050 and install height on a 24v is 1.380. that only gives you .330 room for lift. also at 1.380 ih seat presure will be 177lbs.

i running comp461's spring and retainers on my 24v. dual spring and ti-retainers. thats the way to go. if 1 spring breaks the inter will stop the valve from going in to the piston. with dual springs you can have higher seat pressure with out having to much at max lift. plus they will have better valve control. my new CR headed 24v p-pump motor is running maxspool 2.5 cam, maxspool valve springs with titanium retainers, and maxspool 3/8 chromemolly push rods. for what greg sells his springs for they are a great deal.

here is a pic of greg's dual spring and retainers. thanks greg for some great parts.

Attachments

• 0418081936.jpg
    0418081936.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 136
springs

here are some better pics. maxspool spring and retainers. the new motor is full of greg's goody's. maxspool 2.5 cam, pushrods, spring and retainers.

Attachments

• 0420082236.jpg
    0420082236.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 84
  • 0420082237.jpg
    0420082237.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 101
Yes all in all 110lbs is a breeze for stock valvetrain components! Depending on who you talk to that is. Lots of smoke and mirrors out there. Potential for profit changes opinions drastically. Last week I had a Ford salesmen tell me that there wasn't another truck that could touch the power, fuel economy and value of the new 6.4L Powerstroke. So................ try to see through the Bullsh!t. A few years ago there was a diesel company selling springs that had 220lbs of seat pressure. The valvetrain lived just fine! There were some unhappy camshafts but the valves, retainers and locks, rockers, pushrods, and lifters were fine.

I made the decision to go a dual spring for a number of reasons. The low RPM’d of a diesel doesn’t mean that the spring requirements are as simple as toss a spring at it.

A diesel requires very short timing events to maintain cylinder pressure, but big .200 lift numbers needed to move air require to make power. This means high acceleration rates.

A single spring was in no way, going to address all aspects of the particular control model, I wanted to achieve. I can’t begin to tell you have much time I spent on a spintron, with different spring, both singles and duals.

The results are that if you are only looking for a seat number it’s possible to get it done with a single, but the progressiveness was not as linear as I wanted to achieve. The harmonics is a different story, and the dual springs have different harmonic frequency’s that help to cancel out each.

The only drawback was that a retainer was necessary, Titanium was my choice, it’s stronger, and lighter, it just cost more. Some people who understand little about valvetrain dynamics made statements that titanium would not hold up to the rigors of a diesel . We all got a good laugh out of that, the retainers don’t know what is on the other end of the rocker arm or valve , it’s just motion , I also have Chrome Molly retainers is stock now for those that prefer it instead

You can get these MaxSpool springs, as well as MaxSpool pushrods,
Dr Performance Warehouse
Indrustrial Injection
Pure Diesel Power

Hey Greg, you have a pretty good looking spring package. What material are you using for your springs? Chromoly,H11? I agree with the fact that titanium does not care if it is on a diesel gas or nitro motor. Most of the failures that I have seen that were posted by people trying to trash you were caused by the sharp edges of the inner spring cutting through the retainer due to Ti high coefficient of friction, not the stresses of a diesel engine. To be honest I think they were from a viper or vette which doesn't prove crap about diesel longevity. I'm glad to see you weathered that storm. It was a totally unwarranted attack. I believe smoke and mirrors is a better term.
zach

just want to throw out there that diesel pros is selling a dual spring and retainer i have them in my truck. very nice product

Back