Best Air Compressor Under $1500

roachie

Taco Master
Something that is 16+ cfm and capable of over 100psi. Anyone?

Use a 12v cummins motor. Make it run on 3 cylinders and make the other 3 pump air.

Quincy model 2V41C60VC does 15.4cfm at 175psi 1400 bucks through northern tool with free shipping.
There are bigger Ingersoll compressors for the same price. But i have never heard anything bad about Quincy...

Last edited:
I don't know which models will do what you want in your price range but our 20hp Quincy rotary screw has been a good unit for us. 100cfm at 90psi:ft:

I run a ingersoll rand SS5. $800 - 1000.00 new depending where you buy.
Specifications:
Motor HP: 5 (5 hp running, 11.8 peak hp)
Receiver tank size (gal): 60 Vertical
Voltage: 230/1/60
Capacity scfm @ 90 psig/135 psig: 18.5/15.5
Maximum pressure psig: 135
ACFM @ 40 PSI: 11.3
Max PSI: 135
NPT Outlet (in): 1/2
Length (in): 20
Width (in): 30
Height (in): 71
Net weight (lbs): 310

I have a 218V BEL-AIRE, and couldn't be happier with it. It is a little louder than all cast metal compressor pumps as it uses 3 piece pump with an aluminum block and cast iron upper piston section and aluminum head, but it is an all USA made unit using true high quality pieces. And they can be found for reasoneable money. I bought mine last year for under $1200 after tax. A friend of mine uses the 318V and runs a body shop and has no complaints about his, and is why I chose one. The QUINCY units are also nice, but you do pay a premium for the extra build quality. And I would avoid the ingersol rand units as all the research I did showed they switched to cheap made in mexico electric motors about 4 years ago that are failing in the first 2 years at an alarming rate.

I know I did ALOT of looking and research before I decided on the BEL-AIRE, and the turning point for me was they seemed to be one of the only made in USA ones out there for the same money as the imports. For your demands I would say the 318V would do nicely.

Last edited:
Hands down the best compressors are Quincy. I have installed more compressors in large HVAC control systems than I care to remember and Quincy compressors never fail. Kaiser and IR are garbage. BelAire are OK, as are Atlas Copco. My money is buying a Quincy. If they still have the program going, buying a maintenance kit for under $100 bucks got you a few free years of warranty added on.

Back