Best Boots Part II

dangerous06

diesel tech
Can't seem to keep a boot on the hot side CAC NO matter how tight I make the clamp! 40PSI sustained for more than 5 miles 5 minutes whichever comes first and boom HISSSSSS! NOW this is a tow rig climbing grades with massive weight! 30k Just want a boot that won't explode or slide out from under the clamp! Not much space to put a Hold down strap any suggestions?
THANKS!! :nail:

I used peak diesel boots with great results. I believe their instructions tell you to put the lube that came in the box on the inside of the boots, which helps hold the boots on.

We use the blue radiator hose and hair spray and haven't had one blow in awhile.

I think the heat is turning them to gummy bear consistency! Maybe changing the tune would help!?

The tune? The pressure in the system is a measurable figure. You could lower the tune and lower the pressure in the system I guess but you shouldn't be blowing boots at 40psi that easily. Measure your pressure pre and post cooler and see if there is a massive pressure drop maybe causing them to blow as 40 psi, Could be seeing much higher pressure pre cooler blowing the boot.

It would be interesting to see exactly what is moving when this goes under a load.

got a pic of how your piping is set up? i have found making the pipes longer and using straight boots help tremendously.

BD boots and paint have been holding for me.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Thermopol. I'd imagine they make 90% of these rebranded boots anyhow. x2 on having a dry, clean sealing surface. Hair spray might be overkill, but I'd use some contact cleaner for sure on the pipes/ ID of the boots.

What turbo is on the tow truck? Overall boost isn't the killer, the turbo could be working too hard. You need to look at the compressor outlet temps. Anything close to 500°f and the boots don't last very long.

Back