Best Chip

Oilfield_Digger

Hey there I am not a cummins guy but one of my friends has a new 6.7L and he is looking for a chip that will increase fuel milage.. Thanks all!

Tell him to call TS performance. They have a simple no frills box that should get him what he wants. Then again, they can get really stuooooopid with HP if he wants that as well.

--> They are a supporting vendor here. You can find them in the vendor section. ;)

Last edited:
Click on race Team........ see the Black Dually? Yep, it's a 6.7. Give the a call Monday.

Oilfield_Digger said:
i see the dodge boys are not as helpful as the ford guys..

thats because the ford guys do 'research' on other trucks because they aren't happy with the lame oval they own. :hehe:

i'll pay for that one... but im at work and its 0600 hrs and if im suffering, so will you. :shake:

I'm very new here, but have used Superchips on my 02 Ford 7.3 with great results

I'm getting ready to order a new Dodge w/ the 6.7 Cummins so i am eager to here what is recommended here also. I talked w/ Superchips Inc and Smartypower today, both seemed like decent tuners. I want to just run stock exhaust, open up the intake a bit and put a decent tuner on it and call it good

KC, the intake won't do ya much good if the exhaust is restrictive.....

Burner said:
KC, the intake won't do ya much good if the exhaust is restrictive.....

How corked up are the Dodges? I was just planning on maybe a K&N or equivalent element ...no major changes, just enhance the stock stuff. It is going to be my service truck and I need longevity as well as mileage/performance increases if that is possible. I don't want any of the big power mods that also require dealing w/ big heat. I understand the problems w/ restrictive exhaust and the excess heat it generates, so is the Dodge pretty bad?

Work truck, eh? .......IMHO the only thing I'd use is an EDGE Attitude.

Anybody have a horror story from either the Juice w/ attitude, or the MP-8? I don't know which direction to go either, I'm just looking for some mpg increases, and towing power.

The MP-8 will give you an additional 0-100hp at the turn of the knob. We have seen reports of anywhere from 2 - 4 mpg fuel increase. The MP-8 is also stackable with downloaders if you want to go that route.

If you have any questions feel free to call us at 270-746-9999.

Sheila

I would go with an MP-8!!!!! I love it. The 6.7's like them. And they run good even with the DPF. I saw about 2-3 mpg increase and great on hp. Dyno stock was 295 and with MP-8 all the way up 385. Plus its an easy install.

Hey curtrwall- Did you get the MP-8 with the monitor or no? If so do you like it? if not, have u heard good or bad things about it? just wondering. Don't know a whole lot about the 6.7's but am quickly learning now that my g.f. has one. It'll will def be between the juice & the mp-8.
Thanks
Brett

Back