Best injectors

theonlyz

professional he** raiser
So the new truck has 1 injector thats possible bad and 2 weak others. So its time to step up and get some aftermarket sticks. Who has the best out there? Dont really want to mess with remands. looking for 110+hp

I prefer F1 Flux series injectors, but Exergy Engineering, DDP, and Industrial Injection are all players in the industry.

Tim Barber is a dealer for F1 Flux series TREdiesel.com

if you got one bad and 2 possible, i would call exergy or F1 and they will take care of you.. i wont be cheap, but worth it

use the search button there is alot alot of good threads on here talking about many of different options and opinions

use the search button there is alot alot of good threads on here talking about many of different options and opinions

I love how everyone has been saying that to other peopleLOL...I did use the search and didnt find what I wanted. I agree there are LOTs of threads about injectors but not what Im wanting to know. Thanks though for you useless info:clap:

I seen in a post that f1 just disassembles and rebuilds your old injectors with their new nozzles. Thats not what Im looking for I want to start from fresh because another post one guy said injectors are hit and miss. Im not looking to throw large amounts of money at a set to be dissapointed! Also Im not wanting to be the other guy who said his injectors worked great for 40000 miles but at 40001 was what got him.

Oh and Im not a fan of DDP wasnt impressed with a set that I had for my 24v. Very dirty injector!! As far as II Ive heard good and bad. Liked my F1 sticks but when I got ahold of a set of Mikes sticks for his monster pump and let smokem work them those were my favorite!!! So.....Im looking for more/better options than listed.

I guess I should have included that in the beginning.

best of luck, i am sure that someone can do that. you can buy them from bosch and have someone do your nozzles.

I love how everyone has been saying that to other peopleLOL...I did use the search and didnt find what I wanted. I agree there are LOTs of threads about injectors but not what Im wanting to know. Thanks though for you useless info:clap:
Maybe you didn't find what you wanted because there isn't one "best" injector.

I know people that wouldn't run anything that isn't from DDP.

I know people that love Don's sticks so much all they run is F1.

I know people that will only run sticks from Weston.

I know people that swear by II.

Hope that helps:hehe:

I seen in a post that f1 just disassembles and rebuilds your old injectors with their new nozzles. Thats not what Im looking for I want to start from fresh because another post one guy said injectors are hit and miss. Im not looking to throw large amounts of money at a set to be dissapointed! Also Im not wanting to be the other guy who said his injectors worked great for 40000 miles but at 40001 was what got him.

Theonlz,

Just needed to clarify a few points for you. F1 diesel does not only replace nozzle, they are one of only a limited few companiies that can do a full rebuild on an injector including rebuilding the bodies as long as they are not cracked.

As far as CR injectors....if your search and read a bit you will learn that they are FAAAARRR from problem free on any Cummins aplication. They could go 100k or 20k, there are no guarantees!!!! Hell I am on my 3rd set and more than 4k in injectors and 90k miles so there you have it! My last set however have been great and have 30k plusmiles problem free.

All great points!

Last edited:
Hey Raychem,, you just dont happen to work for Tyco do you?

I would have to agree with you. When you start pushing these trucks this hard and running big hp everything is a gamble and a toss up. You have to pay to play. I guess I am looking for the injector brand with the least amount of failure and problems in its history.:bang

Theonlz,

Just needed to clarify a few points for you. F1 diesel does not only replace nozzle, they are one of only a limited few companiies that can do a full rebuild on an injector including rebuilding the bodies as long as they are not cracked.

As far as CR injectors....if your search and read a bit you will learn that they are FAAAARRR from problem free on any Cummins aplication. They could go 100k or 20k, there are no guarantees!!!! Hell I am on my 3rd set and more than 4k in injectors and 90k miles so there you have it! My last set however have been great and have 30k plusmiles problem free.

All great points!

I really hope the three sets you've had, are not all the same brand!! If they are Id be going somewhere else or looking at something else like too high rail pressure or something. I dont claim to know jack about 3rd gens so Im not going to try but common sense will bring someone a long ways. If you constantly push a part to the edge time and time again its going to fail. Its a tic toc senario.

I understand that 3rd gen injectors are far from problem free. Some are just going to be more problematic than others because of their companies poor practices. Such practices as rebuilding parts with such tight tolerance or trying to match used bodies to get the new nozzels all to flow close to each other all to make an extra buck or make them more affordable are going to have issues. Those are the ones that Im trying to stay away from. Unfortunetly you pay for what you get and Exergy I found out is very pricey but they seem to know their stuff! Everything they use is new and balanced to with in 2 or 3% is what I was told.

There is no such thing as a problem free for CR injectors. If you don't want to throw big $$$$ at injectors and be disapointed then sell the CR and go back to a 12v or 24v. I have had a set from F1,DDP,II and now Exergy and they all suck. It is not the company or the work performed it is the injector design itself. Very tempermental and as far as I am concerned, very fragile design. Someone needs to come up with a newer design or better parts for these injector internals. All the nozzles I have had all smoked about the same and the rattle was the same and the idle was the same. It is personal prefrence on what company ou like the best. At least Exergy Engineering is x Bosch Engineers.
JMHO

Joe

I upgraded to the newer Bosch stainless steel bodies and had DDP put some 200hp nozzles on and I haven't had any injector related issues since they went in, around 30,000 miles ago. I'm running an AirDog165 pump with their filter and an additional 2-micron filter from GDP under the intake horn. I had the GDP filter installed prior to putting on the AirDog, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to have the extra filtration. If you want your injectors to last, I'd recommend not using a pressure box. I use a fuel additive every time I fill up to help keep things lubricated. I also try to only fill up at the larger fuel stations (like truck stops), in hopes that I'm not putting in fuel that has been sitting for too long.

That being said, any of the major fuel injector companies can provide you with good tips. Do some more research and go with the company that you feel comfortable doing business with (performance, smokiness, customer service, timeliness, etc., may sway your decision).

I upgraded to the newer Bosch stainless steel bodies and had DDP put some 200hp nozzles on and I haven't had any injector related issues since they went in, around 30,000 miles ago. I'm running an AirDog165 pump with their filter and an additional 2-micron filter from GDP under the intake horn. I had the GDP filter installed prior to putting on the AirDog, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to have the extra filtration. If you want your injectors to last, I'd recommend not using a pressure box. I use a fuel additive every time I fill up to help keep things lubricated. I also try to only fill up at the larger fuel stations (like truck stops), in hopes that I'm not putting in fuel that has been sitting for too long.

That being said, any of the major fuel injector companies can provide you with good tips. Do some more research and go with the company that you feel comfortable doing business with (performance, smokiness, customer service, timeliness, etc., may sway your decision).

I agree with everything you have said!!!! I always go to the truck stop to fill up even though it can be more expensive. I also plan on using no pressure boxes and running 2 micron filtration. At fill-ups I religiously use Stanadyne additive at every fill up. Its all prevenative maintenace!!

Hey Raychem,, you just dont happen to work for Tyco do you?

No Morkable I don't. I have had this handle for a few years though. Raychem before it was bought out by Tyco used to sponser GTP racing in the early 90's which I loved to watch. So I took that name from the Nissan GTP car.:woohoo:

I really hope the three sets you've had, are not all the same brand!! If they are Id be going somewhere else or looking at something else like too high rail pressure or something. I dont claim to know jack about 3rd gens so Im not going to try but common sense will bring someone a long ways. If you constantly push a part to the edge time and time again its going to fail. Its a tic toc senario.

I understand that 3rd gen injectors are far from problem free. Some are just going to be more problematic than others because of their companies poor practices. Such practices as rebuilding parts with such tight tolerance or trying to match used bodies to get the new nozzels all to flow close to each other all to make an extra buck or make them more affordable are going to have issues. Those are the ones that Im trying to stay away from. Unfortunetly you pay for what you get and Exergy I found out is very pricey but they seem to know their stuff! Everything they use is new and balanced to with in 2 or 3% is what I was told.

The first set were a stock set in which I lost 5 and 6 injector, I cracked the bodies on both but pressure boxes were the rage in the their day. The second set only lasted me about 2k miles before thay started to give me trouble again....so I got pissed, bought a brand new set of injectors and had the nozzles modified....no problems since.

Stand alones are around the corner and I have a brand new set of 6.7L injectors waiting for the ECM's to be released....that or EFI live.

Back