Best input shaft??????

matty169

Curious what opinions are out there. Anyone have any prices? My HTS trans SPLIT the input and it actually looks like it was steel that was pressed together. Picture a banana being peeled. I talked to HTS about this trans shifting WAYYYY to hard a few months ago and I didnt think it was right. They said they could adjust it for $400, but they set their trans up to shift hard and it was fine. Now it snaps the input in a 2wd truck that NEVER had a boosted launch and was drag raced once. Trans only has about 6-7k miles on it but no warranty because of age.(was in storage for a couple years and rarely driven by the last owner) Other builders say that if it shifts that hard it will break any shaft, HTS disagrees. I seem to see quite a few broken shafts in HTS trans on here. Picture leaving a stoplight next to a cop and chirping the tires no matter how hard you try not to. Thats what this does with 305/45/22 tires. Junked the converter and pump shaft also. Suncoast mega is out of the running due to price. Anyone have prices on the other big shaft set ups? Thanks

why not just do a TCS or Sonnax? just curious to why ya needing a "big" input when the standard billets can handle it

also said he was having hard shift issues... im just asking the op a question seeming he didnt have the money for the 3400 omega upgrade... some guys are having good luck with a standard size billet taylor.. hell rich's 1000+ hp 10.5 dragster is running a "standard size input" im trying to help with an economical route...

torque is what kills parts...heavy weight multiplies the problem

You could always get a hold of Phil at DPC for a "Obese" shaft !

:bow:

bigshaft.jpg

My HTS trans has a billet TCS AZ input. I have probably 50 boosted launches on it and not one issue as of yet. I also hauled 20k a dozen or so times aswell. You sure the trans was built by HTS?

When figuring the cost of our OM3GA shaft setup, remember that price includes a torque converter AND a pump assembly.

When it comes to standard sized inputs, Sonnax is the standard upgrade, if we get it back twisted/broke, then a TCS goes back in its place.

I'm rocking a Sonnax that I installed on the trailer floor in Bradenton at the moment, waiting on our billet pump gears to be finished so I can put my OM3GA back in.

When figuring the cost of our OM3GA shaft setup, remember that price includes a torque converter AND a pump assembly.

When it comes to standard sized inputs, Sonnax is the standard upgrade, if we get it back twisted/broke, then a TCS goes back in its place.

I'm rocking a Sonnax that I installed on the trailer floor in Bradenton at the moment, waiting on our billet pump gears to be finished so I can put my OM3GA back in.

So you are saying the TCS is better than sonnax? Also on the OM3GA upgrade are there core charges and what are they? Pump, convertor or?

So you are saying the TCS is better than sonnax? Also on the OM3GA upgrade are there core charges and what are they? Pump, convertor or?

We've had pretty good luck with the TCS's, if we twist/break a Sonnax, a TCS goes in it's place.

With the OM3GA there are core charges, same ones normally associated with pump/converter, $300 on the converter and... unsure on the pump, I'll take a look at my price sheets when I get to my own computer.

We've had pretty good luck with the TCS's, if we twist/break a Sonnax, a TCS goes in it's place.

With the OM3GA there are core charges, same ones normally associated with pump/converter, $300 on the converter and... unsure on the pump, I'll take a look at my price sheets when I get to my own computer.

Thanks, was having that discussion the other day about the OM3GA and costs associated with it.

It's a steep investment, but if your parts are still good, you can either sell your pump/converter/input to recoup costs or have a complete ready to drop in spare setup that would be worth liquid gold to someone at the track who explodes parts and wants to keep racing...

Also, IIRC, when purchasing NEW, the OM3GA is a $1250 upgrade over the standard COMP47 with Converter.

Yes, add in the cost of the OM3GA to the cost of a full billet tranny, subtract cost of billet input and converter from normal setup, comes up with a $1250 difference.

Yeah not sure your going to beat the price if going to an over sized shaft setup. Doesn't matter whos OS shaft you use you still have to change the pump and converter and it all adds up.

If going back with a standard size shaft MHO is Sonnax, TCS, and never purchase an Opie...... I am now trying the ATS shaft and have high hopes for it considering some of the others running them. I have no experience with Phil or Jeff's so can;t really say one way or the other.

Back