best intake

redram04

K looking to get an intake here's my options, please help me with pros and cons of each. Thanks
Hellman, zz Fab, banks, Motorsports diesel.

only experience i have is hellman and its a freaking nice setup

There is a thread just done on this posted by JS350 with lots of info. Do a search on intakes it covers all the ones your talking about. All good products everyone has there own selling point. FYI if you run Dual pumps your bigest factor in choice should be a stout setup to support that pump.

Chris.

Hey thanks for the link. I have been reading all over and must have skipped the thread. Thanks again

Just read through three pages on thread and didn't take much usable info away from it. I guess for the price of these units not many people try more than one. I really like the banks setup but how will it work with dual cp3s.

B&B and Hellman for quality, strength and bling. Motorsport diesel for price, less bling factor but still really nice stuff.

Some cool intakes on that thread link above. If someone put a truck on the rollers before and after hacking off the intake, I doubt you would you see much if any power increase. But the EGT would be more equal on all 6 and the boost numbers would be down. Still a good outcome......

ZZ fab - they have cracked before, especially if you have a second cp3.

Banks - good luck warrantying that

I have a Hellmann.

Also, when you cut the intake off, you can port the intake side of the head.

Use the search function, lots of good reading.

Exactly what are you trying to gain with a new intake?

If it's the bling factor... go for it.

If it's a performance factor... there are much better things to spend your money on because you are no where near a level where an intake will be beneficial.

Well the head is getting p&p right now and a s488 will be going under my current charger along with some 200-250 hp injectors and twin cp3s.

As for the banks, what problems have they had that needs warrantying.

Last edited:
Well the head is getting p&p right now and a s488 will be going under my current charger along with some 200-250 hp injectors and twin cp3s.

As for the banks, what problems have they had that needs warrantying.

I guess if you are porting the head then I see why.

But just some food for thought... I make well over 900 hp with a stock head and intake. ;)

drake makes almost 1300 on stock head/intake too.
at what psi are you making your power at, everyone can benefit from lesser boost and the same cfm airflow.

I am porting the head for efficiency reasons, the head is a very important part of the motor and in stock for is not the best flower.

Basically what i am trying to get out of this thread is will the banks fit with twin cp3s and has anyone had problems with them. Why are no other people tapering their intakes like the banks piece. I was really leaning towards the motorsports unit but dont see apps mounting on it.

I own a dyno and all the machining tools to mill the heads off if you all can talk all of tham in to sanding me the intakes to dyno test with there is also a flow bench right do the road from me

if i get my banks unit, thinking that may be the one, soon i will ship it to ya IF you get some other intakes for comparrison

Last edited:
Back