Best intercooler boots?

not typically found in our diesel world but, I believe Samco hoses are some of the best available.....

Placed my order with Peak! can't wait:rockwoot:

I've heard that BD boots had a warranty that if you blew them they would replace them for free? seemed more pricey I was quoted $200 for two boots!

I run Mr. Bob's, but I'm only seeing about 60psi right now...they haven't blown yet, the other style I was running had trouble blowing them!

Chris

I've Blown an HD intercooler boot rated for 150psi at only 70psi....
My turbo to intercooler pipe wasn't fabbed correctly and was putting a little twist on the boot when the engine was under torque... it ripped like paper.

So just make sure that your boots are not under stress when the engine is loading the drive train cause stress will rip the best boot around.

Lavon

Mr Bobs are the only ones I will use. Bd boots lasted one day Piers boots lasted a while but are stiff and hard to install.

Piek Diesel Boots are the way too go, easy too put on if you know what your doing and they are strong as Hell, BD boots are cheap and blow constantly

I have some boots from Piers, they work well.
I think you can get them from Pure Diesel Power.

So been doing some research on boots alittle. For those guys that run mr. Bobs or anyone elses, do you put the rings on them to keep them from expanding or are the boots just that good? I need to order a set within the month so please let me know.

I use Mr. Bob's and do not use any rings, they hold 80 psi without a problem. Bob's customer support is top notch also!!!!! They sent me the wrong size clamps by accident. Within 2 days I had the correct clamps on my doorstep and he didn't even want me to send him the wrong sized clamps back. My hoses are also coated for added durability.

Back