Best oil in a 06-5.9

HEAVYHITR

i been using regular rotella 15/40 . i hear some people using ams oil saying they change it after 12,000 miles ?

whats most popular?

Personally, I use whatever is on sale or has a rebate deal going on. I change every 5,000 and use a Mopar filter. 190K and still going strong.

some guys swear by the ams oil . my buddies with tractor trailers said something about some oil by mobil .

We run delo 400 at the trucking company that I work for. I personally run whatever is the cheapest at Napa, usually Valvoline Premium Blue or the Napa brand which is made by Valvoline. My daily driver has 282,000 on it and drive an average of 4-6,000 miles a month, and I change my oil at 10,000 miles. I just pulled the head monday and there is still cross hatch in every cylinder.

We run delo 400 at the trucking company that I work for. I personally run whatever is the cheapest at Napa, usually Valvoline Premium Blue or the Napa brand which is made by Valvoline. My daily driver has 282,000 on it and drive an average of 4-6,000 miles a month, and I change my oil at 10,000 miles. I just pulled the head monday and there is still cross hatch in every cylinder.

yeah thats it delo ,he says its suposed to be the best thought it was delvo lol so you don't bother with synthetic?

:umno:

Btw Chevron makes Delo

And I use Fleetguard Filters

Last edited:
if you run synthetic, changing it every 5k will cost an arm and a leg. use a bypass filtration type setup on synthetic, get the 60k (or more) mile life out of the oil that it is intended to have.

some guys swear by the ams oil . my buddies with tractor trailers said something about some oil by mobil .

Probably mobile delvac 1300.

Rotella/delo us rated at 300 hours. Mobile delvac is rated at 500 hours and costs $1.25 more per gallon in bulk. I use the mobile delvac in my fleet.

if you run synthetic, changing it every 5k will cost an arm and a leg. use a bypass filtration type setup on synthetic, get the 60k (or more) mile life out of the oil that it is intended to have.

yep and thats what this guy was told too....

I wont mention names but a forum member here recently asked me to rebuild his engine, always ran on synthetic oil and it was the next nastiest engine Ive seen next to this one...

545512_10151609869108662_232170309_n.jpg

77083_10151609868973662_1435461650_n.jpg

yep and thats what this guy was told too....

I wont mention names but a forum member here recently asked me to rebuild his engine, always ran on synthetic oil and it was the next nastiest engine Ive seen next to this one...

545512_10151609869108662_232170309_n.jpg

77083_10151609868973662_1435461650_n.jpg

That is exactly what I would expect to see out overly long oil changes. I'm not a big believer in the bypass and run longer jazz.

We run cen-pe-co 15-40 in our semis and change the oil every 10,000 miles. I also run it in the pulling truck and have never had an issue. Our new floaters call for 10-30 cause they are cat motors but we do our oil annalisys and never have problems. Plus they sponsor tractor pulling. They are at all of the ITPA and IPA shows giving out free water and pop to ALL contestants. They support us so i feel we should support them. If there was reasonable doubt that their oil was not good then that would be different. For a few dollars more a gallon it's worth it in my opinion.

I have ran a lot of different oils and my second choice is premium blue and third being mobile one.

That is exactly what I would expect to see out overly long oil changes. I'm not a big believer in the bypass and run longer jazz.

I don't run any oil over 10,000. In a pickup. Semi I may get 15,000

The extra filters, to me, just help keep the oil clean. Not make it last longer.

Probably mobile delvac 1300.

Rotella/delo us rated at 300 hours. Mobile delvac is rated at 500 hours and costs $1.25 more per gallon in bulk. I use the mobile delvac in my fleet.

yep thats the one ,my boy runs it in his big rigs said its better than rotella . thanks

These 3rd Gens make so much soot in the oil it makes sense to run a by-pass filter for the extra filtering. I still do my oil changes every 5-6k miles.

I don't run any oil over 10,000. In a pickup. Semi I may get 15,000

The extra filters, to me, just help keep the oil clean. Not make it last longer.

I run 5k and that's it. Rotella 15-40 with fleetgaurd, napa, or wix filters.

I run 5k and that's it. Rotella 15-40 with fleetgaurd, napa, or wix filters.

If I run rotella then ya it's going to be 4-5000 miles because its a crappy oil. But when you run delvac 1300 that rated almost twice the life as rotella you can get a bit more out if it.

Rotella 15/40, Mopar filter, change every 5k miles....that is all. $.02

Shaeffers supreme 7000 in my truck and our tractors. That's good moly oil. But you don't want to break in an engine with it. It's too slippery and doesn't allow the engine to break in as fast as dinosaur oil does.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Schaeffers Supreme 700 here, it is synthetic but not full, just tore down one of my engines and it was clean on the inside. I change it every 5K with a Wix filter.

Back