Best performance tuner for dodge 6.7

I guess if you don't care about getting a better tune in the 68RFE, then the Smarty is a nice programmer.....but I would like to program my transmission to help it live under power, and Smarty does not, and from what I gather WILL NEVER tune it....of course I couldn't get a real answer, so I'm just assuming that no answer means no!

Chris

i did some searching...few questions.

1. i found egr cooler delete kits and egr delete kits and combos, i take it the combo is best to get rid of it all?

2. i could only find the smarty jr. none listed 2011...just 2010. same software? different?

also, does the jr-me clear dtcs? will it turn off the tire press monitoring system?

yes JR ME will clear codes NOPE nothing that I know of will turn off TPMS.

actually i think i read somewhere one time that super chips tuner will turn off TPMS but have not confirmed that

tunes are rated/listed from less than stock (POD) to 200HP TNT tunes start at a 200HP and go up to a rumored 400ish but that liike mentioned is COMPLETELY subjective to other supporting MODS

Last edited:
tunes are rated/listed from less than stock (POD) to 200HP TNT tunes start at a 200HP and go up to a rumored 400ish but that liike mentioned is COMPLETELY subjective to other supporting MODS[/QUOTE]

Sounds about right. Very similar to what you can get for Fords. Though the one I have on supposedly gives you 310HP.

Just to throw in my two cents, Ive had friends run them both, and I love the adjustability of smarty. H&S is strong, but I like to play with the settings. If he wants simple power and gauges all in one, Id say H&S, but if he wants big power and a few more settings to play with Id say smarty. Its all what you like in a tuner to me.

NOPE nothing that I know of will turn off TPMS.

The H&S will allow you to disable the TPMS. You can also set the fog lights to stay on with the high beams. There a few other cool features that I can't think of right now, I know you can disable the seat belt chime also.

yes JR ME will clear codes NOPE nothing that I know of will turn off TPMS.

actually i think i read somewhere one time that super chips tuner will turn off TPMS but have not confirmed that

tunes are rated/listed from less than stock (POD) to 200HP TNT tunes start at a 200HP and go up to a rumored 400ish but that liike mentioned is COMPLETELY subjective to other supporting MODS

H&S allows you to turn off the TPMS.

AVERAGE JOES who want to an all in one programmer thats mongo simple, choose H&S

COMPETITORS who want to TUNE their truck to work with their hard parts combination, use smarty

AVERAGE JOES who want to an all in one programmer thats mongo simple, choose H&S

COMPETITORS who want to TUNE their truck to work with their hard parts combination, use smarty

Explain how I could "tune" my my truck to work with my setup when my transmission is capable of being tuned, but I can't with a Smarty?

Chris

Explain how I could "tune" my my truck to work with my setup when my transmission is capable of being tuned, but I can't with a Smarty?

Chris

I got a co-pilot. Or you could get a tuned TCM.........or you could put a real trans in it, 48re:Cheer:

I got a co-pilot. Or you could get a tuned TCM.........or you could put a real trans in it, 48re:Cheer:

I like my 6 speeds...the Co-pilot doesn't let you adjust shift points, TC lockup, or down shifting, tow/haul, etc. This tranny is completely tunable, not just kinda like a 48RE WITHOUT a standalone

And on my 2010, you can't tune the TCM...it's in the ECM;) You are correct for a 2007.5-2009 6.7/68RFE
Chris

The copilot has 4 different settings that are shift on the fly. They all adjust the parameters you just mentioned. You just can't fully adjust it, the way I can with the PCS in the race truck. Is someone offering full end user adjustably with the 10-11's? I've been asking for this for a while, and I was told point blank that it would never happen. If so, that's great:rockwoot:

The copilot has 4 different settings that are shift on the fly. They all adjust the parameters you just mentioned. You just can't fully adjust it, the way I can with the PCS in the race truck. Is someone offering full end user adjustably with the 10-11's? I've been asking for this for a while, and I was told point blank that it would never happen. If so, that's great:rockwoot:

No one that I know of is offering anything for the end use to fully tune it yet....I'm hoping EFI Live will....

I don't think the CoPilot will do what I want with the 2010 either...

Figures, I figured a new truck would have some cool goodies available for it...nope. At least you were told point blank it wouldn't happen....I could never even get an answer

Chris

how did we start talking about tuning the TCM?

I was under the impression we were talking about the best (available now) performance tuners for the 6.7... which basically turns this into an H&S vs Smarty thread.... in an H&S VS Smarty battle, refer to my above post....

how did we start talking about tuning the TCM?

I was under the impression we were talking about the best (available now) performance tuners for the 6.7... which basically turns this into an H&S vs Smarty thread.... in an H&S VS Smarty battle, refer to my above post....

So the transmission and how it acts has no bearing on performance??

Chris

not engine performance...

"best performance tuner for dodge 6.7" as opposed to "best way to tune 68rfe tcm"

Back