best place to get syntorque

I couldn't find it anywhere but the dealership. I think I spent around $80 or $90 to get enough to change the fluid in my nv4500.

dang...putting on some fast coolers so its gonna take almost 2 gals

dont want to run anything but the castrol

search says chevy dealer is cheaper?

if i can find one that aint folded yet

lol

I called my local chevy dealer too and they were just a tad higher and they had to order it too. So I just got it from the dodge dealer. It will come in a mopar bottle but supposedly it is just castrol that has been rebottled.

NV4500 Parts

I would just use Amsoil MTG or Royall Purples GL-4 fluid.

I ran Amsoil for 20,000+ miles and just changed to Royal Purples GL-4 and personally I think RPs shifts better.

Redline alos has a GL-4 out.

I called my local chevy dealer too and they were just a tad higher and they had to order it too. So I just got it from the dodge dealer. It will come in a mopar bottle but supposedly it is just castrol that has been rebottled.

A lot of oil comes like that though so I wouldn"t worry about it. Our CARQUEST oil is actually Valvoline oil at about $2.00 a qt cheaper.

Chevy dealer was higher down here as well...

Just got it from the Dodge dealer.......around $18/qt.....buncha BS.

Last edited:
syntorque didnt work in my transmission, couldnt shift gears, drained it and put syncro mesh and shifted like a dream till i busted it. LOL

syntorque didnt work in my transmission, couldnt shift gears, drained it and put syncro mesh and shifted like a dream till i busted it. LOL

ou only need the SynTorque or a GL-4 if you have the carbon fiber lined synchros.
Most rebuilt trans come with the brass synchros now.

Like I said, I have ran all 3 of them and Royal Purple shifts the smoothest.

ou only need the SynTorque or a GL-4 if you have the carbon fiber lined synchros.
Most rebuilt trans come with the brass synchros now.

Which synchros shift the fastest, brass or carbon fiber lined?

what?

why didnt you post sooner?

lol

just got back from mopar dealer and pep boys

bought 8 qts of the mopar 4500 stuff, 1 bottle of rr end additive, 5.5 qts of castrol for the g/f's car, and 2 qts of royal purple 75-90 (for the gear vendors)

almost 300 bucks

what a joke

oh, and that was with mopar giving me 25% off list. list for that stuff is 26/qt

i got it for 17+tax

pep boys here gets 19/qt for purple 75-90

what?

why didnt you post sooner?

lol

just got back from mopar dealer and pep boys

bought 8 qts of the mopar 4500 stuff, 1 bottle of rr end additive, 5.5 qts of castrol for the g/f's car, and 2 qts of royal purple 75-90 (for the gear vendors)

almost 300 bucks

what a joke

oh, and that was with mopar giving me 25% off list. list for that stuff is 26/qt

i got it for 17+tax

pep boys here gets 19/qt for purple 75-90

I did post earlier.
I posted at 3:05.
Take it back and get the Royal Purple.

is there that much difference between the two?

*this thing started acting up shortly after i put the big clutch in front of it

you know,,,hard shifting into 3rd

I cant believe how smooth it is now with the poyal purple.
I sound like a royal purple pusher.LOL

I am going to change the fluid every 10-15k miles from now on considering I can get it at the local speed shop.

You want the Max-Gear 75-90.

I got the big dual disc also.

My wife is even amazed at how much easier it is to shift. Shes 5'7 115lbs soaking wet.

put the purple stuff in it

shifts pretty smooth

still have to wait for the r's to drop goin into 3rd

its better than it was - dont remember for sure what that one had in it

think it had the oil i got from std trans

Standard only sells amsoil now.

You have to remember that in a 4500 3rd gear is the most used. Upshift and downshift constantly.

Back