Best SCT ECONOMY file

SAK

I'm going fast mama.
I know theres always a debate over who's files are better for horsepower, but I'm going the opposite way seeing who has the best "ECONOMY" file. I'm going on a 2,000 mile round trip this x-mas and want the best MPG i can get. So put it out there.

That's going to be hard to decide. I towed with Dj's economy tune 1600 miles round trip and got 14mpg. I was pulling 7000 pounds.

Much like the race files, I think they are all going to be close. Some say they get better mpg with a race file

i got better gas milage with a towing file from DJ then i did a stock file.... but was still only getting about 12.....that was towing about 6k pounds....

i got 18-20 mpg with innovatives super eco tune going 1200 miles to Fl last year

i get around 20 with DJ Looney empty. Pulled a crew cab 4x4 with 8" lift to daytona from Mobile and got around 15-17 with Looney. I guess i need to look into getting a economy tune though.

What are you all doing to get that kind of MPG. I drive 70 mph and get 13-14 mpg. My looney has given me better mpg than my econ file.

SAK said:
What are you all doing to get that kind of MPG. I drive 70 mph and get 13-14 mpg. My looney has given me better mpg than my econ file.

There all running down hill...:hehe: I get around 11-13 empty mpg but it seems to be going up with the new sticks.

right around 13-14 here with 4.10s do you have 3.73s SAK?

coming back from silver lake with the cruise between 77 and 82 I got 19mpg hand calculated with a looney tune.

I gave up with figuring my mileage, but I routinely get 14.5-15.5.

you guys runny looney, do you have any other engine mods done? Sticks, turbo, intake what have you?

Guess my question is with a bone stock truck only adding a pyro (for boom protection) and other gauges, would you expect similar results? Power is obviously going to be different...

Thanks!

Kleetus said:
you guys runny looney, do you have any other engine mods done? Sticks, turbo, intake what have you?

Guess my question is with a bone stock truck only adding a pyro (for boom protection) and other gauges, would you expect similar results? Power is obviously going to be different...

Thanks!

I ran my truck stock and didn't notice any difference in fuel milage when I added my intake or exhaust. I did notice it ran much cooler with the exhaust.(No Cat)

Agreed, I have no cat or muffler, just coming out in front of the tire. All it did was make whooshing noise and make tow haul braking a bit less effective. Positively no mileage improvement.

I was asking more in reference to the high end tune file.

BFD99 said:
right around 13-14 here with 4.10s do you have 3.73s SAK?

Yes 3.73's

Kleetus said:

Thanks!

All my mods are in my sig.

4" turbo back cat delete, volant intake, and SCT. Keep it around 2K rpm and stay out of it, well at least not as much. I could drive from Mobile, AL to Houston, TX on one tank of gas if i stayed out of it.

you guys suck! i have to scrape to get 14mpg. thats going around 65-68ish. but on a normal basis i'm around 11mpg, poo poo!
honestly i'm getting sick of what crappy milage i get. i drive from pittsburg to home which is 220miles every weekend, and i cant stand paying $120-$160 in fuel a week.
i wounder if something is messed up in my drive line. i can go down a pretty steep grade going about 68ish, and if i put the truck neutral it will stay that consistant mph down the hill. but, if i put it back in drive right away going down the same grade, the truck slows down alot! to me, it shouldnt be that significant!

Towing the race truck, I actually got the best milage out of DJ's STREET file. And it towed better than the Tow/Economy file too. Not too crazy of a file to be worried about also.

Now I have to figure out why the new Cold Start Street file doesnt seem to have the power like the regular one. Just haven't had time to call him about it.

Back