bhaf upgrade?

blackcoal

i think its about time to do an upgrade from my bhaf, i have a buddy who i can pick up a aem workhorse for pretty cheap but it could use a new filter.

would this be a upgrade from my bhaf or should i go for an afe or like a ice box???

is this thing better or worse than the bhaf

thanks

part number is 212259DK

anyone know if they sell replacement filters??

Honestly it ain't gonna hurt but not gonna be a noticeable difference.

the reason i ask is cuz i have heard several guys switch from bhaf to an afe stage 2 and gain a few pounds of boost and drop egts buy almost a 100deg????

If a couple pounds of boost is gonna turn your truck into a monster go for it. Take your filter off and go for a ride and see how much more power you get. Cause no set up will get your more air than without a filter. I'm not saying drive with it off but just a test you can do and that will answer your question.

ya im not exspecting it to make my truck a monster. i was just wondering if the aem would flow better than the bhaf.

Save your cash to put in your fuel tank, it's not going to do anything.

BHAF is dirt cheap to replace and IMO works great for the money you pay. Even if it does flow a bit better i doubt you will get any earth shattering gains. Put the money in a new intake horn or diesel.

The only two other filters I've been able to get flow data on flow the same CFM as a BHAF...

I think a super BHAF is a y-pipe with 2 BHAF's attached. You have to cut a hole in your hood so the second one can stick up thru your hood.

I think a super BHAF is a y-pipe with 2 BHAF's attached. You have to cut a hole in your hood so the second one can stick up thru your hood.

You have to cut a hole in the fender and attach a filter canister from a peterbilt for the best results though...

I have always had really good luck with airraid filters they make a big filter which gets plenty of air flow

yeah the super BHAF is the way to go i hear you gain atleast 1/2 pound of boost its worth it

Back