Big 3 Tailpipes

NPloysa

On the '08s. What separates, if anything, the 6.7 Cummins from the 6.6 Duramax and 6.4 PSD, in regards to tailpipe design?

If you're unfamiliar, the 6.7 is a straight, no holes, single slant-cut tip. The 6.4 has a dual pipe thing, like something you'd make fancy shapes in potatos with, and the 6.6 has a trumpet design.

I know they're both for mixing exhaust gases with fresh outside air, but what does the Cummins do, or not do, to not have a funky design?

Is it the regen process?

"Cuz Chrysler realized that a phuqed up tailpipe design is a waste of time... Really, like cooler exhust air does anything? Its going to cool off anyway, so why mess up the asthetics of an already fugly truck by trying to cool them 6" soon?

Im probably compeltely wrong, but I think its because the dodge trucks dont regen at idle, whereas the ford and GM trucks have the ability to regen while idling. Obviously if you are driving down the road with lots of airflow over the exhaust outlet, theres no real need for a venturi-effect huge goofy tailpipe, but if a regen occurs at idle when parked, its going to need a lot of cooling off..

ben

Thanks guys, I think I remember hearing that was the reason but I couldn't remember for sure!

Makes sense. Thanks!

Why doesn't Dodge regen at idle? I am just guessing that perhaps they feel it is safer when the truck is moving or is it more effective? I mean at idle you get 0mpg, regen'n at idle may be like getting -5 mpg.....lol

If you are regen-ing at idle you won't have airflow through the vents anyway... can't count on there being a breeze.

Do the Fords regen at idle? I thought that they didn't do that anymore.

When the video of the flame throwing Ford were circling the 'net, I thought that was attributed to the fact that it was doing a regen at idle and they put a new software out that restricted it from doing a regen unless the truck was moving.

Somewhere, there is a turnip truck speeding rapidly away from this man.

bolt.gif
bolt.gif
bolt.gif

:hehe:

I just found it too. Good one Amish LMAO :hehe:

And is Dr Pepper bad for laptops? I just sprayed mine down...

Back