Big Cam HT4C specs needed

cjreckart

Has anyone ever measure a ht4c. Im looking for a charger for my big cam cummins but cant find the specs for this charger. Cummins part number 3801919 or 3525997. Id like to get the specs to c how well a borg warner charger would compare any help would b appreciated.

Here's the measurements of my HT4B

HT4B017.jpg

HT4B016.jpg

HT4B015.jpg

HT4B014.jpg

HT4B013.jpg

HT4B012.jpg

HT4B011.jpg

HT4B010.jpg

HT4B009.jpg

HT4B008.jpg

HT4B007.jpg

HT4B006.jpg

HT4B005.jpg

HT4B004.jpg

HT4B003.jpg

HT4B002.jpg

HT4B001.jpg

I think the only true difference between the B and C is the exhaust wheel, I think the C uses a slightly different maybe even bigger wheel, and that's why you can only go to a 26cm housing on a C and the smallest for the B is the one shown above. Which happens to be the setup we use on our big truck engines if we can find them.

Also, I have found that if a HT4 has the 88/139 compressor wheel then someone has prolly built the turbo, as the only turbos cummins list as using that compressor wheel are HT80s.

P.S. big blue, if you ever need to unload that charger give me a shout.

Thanks alot i really appreciate it. I also have been told that the ht4c is reverse rotation. Is this goin to matter if i have a bw built with regular rotation?

Don't forget, you will have to figure out a way to get the turbo to bolt to the manifold, there isn't a standard rotation turbo that uses that bolt pattern.

I think the only true difference between the B and C is the exhaust wheel, I think the C uses a slightly different maybe even bigger wheel, and that's why you can only go to a 26cm housing on a C and the smallest for the B is the one shown above. Which happens to be the setup we use on our big truck engines if we can find them.

Also, I have found that if a HT4 has the 88/139 compressor wheel then someone has prolly built the turbo, as the only turbos cummins list as using that compressor wheel are HT80s.

P.S. big blue, if you ever need to unload that charger give me a shout.

What does it cost to upgrade to the big 88mm x 139mm compressor wheel, not that I need it yet?

I actually picked it up pretty cheap for my Junker Drag Truck a few years back. It's worked flawlessly so far and seems to produce a ton of air for my fuel limited drag racing setup. Clean as a whistle once it comes up to full boost, cleaner than the common rails even:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UifxSChuf5A"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UifxSChuf5A[/ame]

After talking with the head turbo guy a Columbus diesel today, I asked him about the HT80 I have, he suggested that I have a 26cm HT4 housing modified to work on the ht80, he said the problem you will run into on the HT4 is that the turbine is not large enough to support what the compressor wheel will flow.

So I'm just going to leave mine alone for now, I don't think the gains from switching the compressor side will be worth the trouble.

Here they are side by side.
b32212a0.jpg

Back