Big End Fueling SetUps

I have a synaps wastegate i wanna put on, but need the adapter mount for the wastegate cause the header manifold has no place to put it unless i can find someone to swap me a steedspeed or something dor my header, lol

Um, would you care to share some photos. Your truck sounds interesting.

Is your head ported?

Um, would you care to share some photos. Your truck sounds interesting.

Is your head ported?

Heads never been off, factory 300k head gasket. Pulled pan off 2 weeks ago to put tappets in and cylinders look mint. Camera down injector holes show near perfect.pistons as well.

[ame="http://s84.photobucket.com/user/bighemi04/media/Mobile%20Uploads/FB_IMG_1481319656877_zps1zqsqqsk.jpg.html"]FB_IMG_1481319656877_zps1zqsqqsk.jpg Photo by bighemi04 | Photobucket[/ame]
[ame="http://s84.photobucket.com/user/bighemi04/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20170505_191946_zpsaxstcwas.jpg.html"]20170505_191946_zpsaxstcwas.jpg Photo by bighemi04 | Photobucket[/ame]
[ame="http://s84.photobucket.com/user/bighemi04/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20170507_103452_668_zps4xp06kek.jpg.html"]IMG_20170507_103452_668_zps4xp06kek.jpg Photo by bighemi04 | Photobucket[/ame]

FB_IMG_1481319656877_zps1zqsqqsk.jpg

IMG_20170507_103452_668_zps4xp06kek.jpg

Snapchat-706275717_zpsp8rmunxr.jpg

IMG_20170507_143846_567_zps1bxphnts.jpg

Does it always show a flame out of the exhaust? Have you ran it with a regular manifold, or has it always had that header.

Pics no worky.

nevermind the tie wire on the manifold, lol that was a trackside repair friday night when i these pics were taken, the nut on the pyro probe got lose and flew off. needed to make more runs, :lolly:

Does it always show a flame out of the exhaust? Have you ran it with a regular manifold, or has it always had that header.

tuck has been through 138 stages in its life, but has had the header for awhile, before the header, it was just the horribly over ran hx35 and had fender exhaust, and was a true freight train. old turbo was a 472 and it too had the flame. i went to the header same time i went to 5x.022s

even with stock cam, 20lbs of fuel, AFC mods back out, its always had flame, not as big, tho.

takin to some guys, i think i need to reset timing, change DVs to 7mm or something to keep the heat down

The flame is a pretty strong sign that it needs more timing, especially if it shows that bright during daylight.

The flame is a pretty strong sign that it needs more timing, especially if it shows that bright during daylight.

that last photo was night. it was about 930pm. the track had a trucks only night, and the track photo guy took a lot of pics of it, cause i was one of the faster trucks (at 12, lol)and the smokiest show when i was spoolin.

i agree on timiing, i foolishly pin timed it assuming its at 13.5* and advanced it to 25*. but im 90% sure my timing is off because its a used pump thats basically unknown. so im going to just use my guage, bring my pump to BDC and time it from there. i have true TDC marked on my comp fluidampnr, so im going to see how far off i was when i do a real timing advance.

i think going to 26-28, fixing my exhaust leaks and having my header machined flat, i may have a few runs at T/T friday to play with the AFC. also thinking about putting in a 100 fuel plate.

got a new fuel pump runing 60psi idle, 55ish psi full load.

I like the guys face in the pic that you're spooling at the line. Lol. He's like wtf is happening??

that last photo was night. it was about 930pm. the track had a trucks only night, and the track photo guy took a lot of pics of it, cause i was one of the faster trucks (at 12, lol)and the smokiest show when i was spoolin.

i agree on timiing, i foolishly pin timed it assuming its at 13.5* and advanced it to 25*. but im 90% sure my timing is off because its a used pump thats basically unknown. so im going to just use my guage, bring my pump to BDC and time it from there. i have true TDC marked on my comp fluidampnr, so im going to see how far off i was when i do a real timing advance.

i think going to 26-28, fixing my exhaust leaks and having my header machined flat, i may have a few runs at T/T friday to play with the AFC. also thinking about putting in a 100 fuel plate.

got a new fuel pump runing 60psi idle, 55ish psi full load.
I know they are kinda pricy, and have to buy the front gear cover also but you ought to try and get an adjustable pump gear. I always hated timing changes, I can change timing in about 5mins with the adjustable, no bringing the pump to pin time or tdc. I have the holes marked in the gear and each hole is 2degrees. Any time I make changes I can do quick timing changes between runs. I have he one from eatsoot.

I know they are kinda pricy, and have to buy the front gear cover also but you ought to try and get an adjustable pump gear. I always hated timing changes, I can change timing in about 5mins with the adjustable, no bringing the pump to pin time or tdc. I have the holes marked in the gear and each hole is 2degrees. Any time I make changes I can do quick timing changes between runs. I have he one from eatsoot.

Theres one for sale a couple hours from me, guy askin 300 for the whole set up. But the wife might kill me. I hid the QA1s and new turbo from her... but i guess its inly a matter of time till she sees that, so might as well go all out....:stab:

Thanks for fixing the pics. That header looks cool and all, but, it ain't doing nothing for ya except adding weight. Lots of knowledge on this site when it comes to headers.

I see you spending lots of money in the future. Might want to start a separate savings account right now. LOL

Thanks for fixing the pics. That header looks cool and all, but, it ain't doing nothing for ya except adding weight. Lots of knowledge on this site when it comes to headers.

I see you spending lots of money in the future. Might want to start a separate savings account right now. LOL

Shoot, the header is the only cool thing about the truck, lol. And we need to keep costs down, like under 100, just gotta find me a fancy downhill 1/4mi. LOL

Welp, took truck turbo and manifold apart. A burnt t6 gasket resulted in the turbine housing melted. Burnt 5 manifold gaskets, and melted the rgt probe!

So, truck will be down for awhile so it can be set up right, and not just hillbilly slapped together.

Anyone wanna buy a header manifold or slightly used 96mm t6 turbine housing? Haha

An actual benched pump and a gated steed speed would be where Id start.

X1,000,000 on Seth's pumps. I run his stage 3 and am extremely happy with it. Just call him, and explain what you need the truck to do, and he'll take care of the rest.

5x22s seem like major overkill, especially with timing at only, presumably, 25~°. I'm no expert by any means, but I would personally be using a set of 5x0.018s in your situation. Weston Shupe (infinite performance), IMO, makes some of the best 12/24 injectors money can buy. I myself am ditching my injectors for a set of his.

I really think this truck has gobs of potential, just need to get better parts, to put it frankly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An actual benched pump and a gated steed speed would be where Id start.

X1,000,000 on Seth's pumps. I run his stage 3 and am extremely happy with it. Just call him, and explain what you need the truck to do, and he'll take care of the rest.

5x22s seem like major overkill, especially with timing at only, presumably, 25~°. I'm no expert by any means, but I would personally be using a set of 5x0.018s in your situation. Weston Shupe (infinite performance), IMO, makes some of the best 12/24 injectors money can buy. I myself am ditching my injectors for a set of his.

I really think this truck has gobs of potential, just need to get better parts, to put it frankly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Correct. Its just slapped together free and cheap junk. Lol ill see what i can come up with in the next few months for cash and new parts. Gonna be an easy 3k for pump, turbine, header... and considering thats almost half what i have into the truck since day one (including purchase) its gonna have to wait.

Its a spare change truck, and putting more than that into it, is a rabbit hole, lol. I have a stage 3 snow kit for it, but i dont want to use any power adders, but i may slap it on after the new pump, but hopefully itll stay cool enough after the new proper setup, i wont need it.

Back