BIG Race 5.9 CR Injectors

dvst8r

Unobtainium
Well the time has come to part with some more race truck parts to make room for the new stuff. These injectors are what it takes to go from being a class filler, to a front runner.

We are selling 6 for sure (see picture) and the flow sheets show a 7th, that is likely still boxed up brand new never run in the race trailer. Torrey is looking for it right now.

These are Exergy 300% over 5.9 injectors with the redman 20 mod.

They took this truck to a best of a 9.51@149MPH@6700lbs [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF6WIk_tMXY&list=UUwvvGWcqTlEOwPX4cK8z31w"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF6WIk_tMXY&list=UUwvvGWcqTlEOwPX4cK8z31w[/ame] and made a best of 1684 whp corrected. [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WymbacR3MiY"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WymbacR3MiY[/ame]

Both were done on basic Smarty SSR tuning, and would likely have more on an EFI Live setup.

Injectors always idled smooth and clean enough to drive around town or even as a dd, even with just basic SSR tuning. They were gone over by Exergy after they were pulled, and have been sitting as a back up for the last two seasons. We will be getting new injectors again this spring as such the current ones will move to the back up roll and it is time for these ones to go.

photo1_zpsb3186af4.jpg

300flowsheets-page-0_zpse84f1a58.jpg

300flowsheets-page-1_zpsb9f06d4a.jpg

They are located in Alberta, Canada and can be shipped anywhere you want.

Asking $4600 without core, or $4000 with core for the 6, once the 7th has been confirmed I will adjust or negotiate pricing based on that.

Stay tuned as we clean out the race trailer!

Last edited:
whats the redman 20 mod?

As I understand it, it is an electrical mod to the solenoid to reduce latency and improve injection rate. These injectors were the best money could buy at the time of purchase.

Last edited:
I thought all exergy nozzles were the 7-hole, 143* design? I do see the flow sheets say "late 5.9 liter."

I am 90% sure that they are the 143* angle, which works well in either early or late, however I will have Torrey call Exergy on Monday and confirm.

Would a carrillo hold that power?

Let me know if they will work with a 6.7 bowl we may work something out. Afraid to split the block though over 1200hp.

Confirmed that they are actually a 5 hole 128* Sac injector.

Sorry I don't have any experience with the carrillo's one way or the other.

I don't see why they couldn't be run with 6.7 pistons.

Confirmed that they are actually a 5 hole 128* Sac injector.

Sorry I don't have any experience with the carrillo's one way or the other.

I don't see why they couldn't be run with 6.7 pistons.

Brett,

I'm a bit confused. The picture shows a VCO nozzle.

The 124/128° cone angles should be used only with the '04.5-07 5.9L bowl or the Industrial 6.7L bowl, they should not be used with the '03-04 5.9L bowl or the Autotmotive 6.7L bowl.

Brett,

I'm a bit confused. The picture shows a VCO nozzle.

Just going by the information relayed to me. The picture is of the actual injectors so I will get it all confirmed on Monday by Exergy.

The 124/128° cone angles should be used only with the '04.5-07 5.9L bowl or the Industrial 6.7L bowl, they should not be used with the '03-04 5.9L bowl or the Autotmotive 6.7L bowl.

Care to elaborate as to why? Not doubting more just curious, as I have never tried that setup as we have always ran 04.5+ 5.9 pistons.

Care to elaborate as to why? Not doubting more just curious, as I have never tried that setup as we have always ran 04.5+ 5.9 pistons.

Both the '04.5-07 5.9L and Industrial 6.7L use the same non re-entrant concept, and using the narrow cone angle designed for such in any re-entrant configuration is a poor idea.

Both the '04.5-07 5.9L and Industrial 6.7L use the same non re-entrant concept, and using the narrow cone angle designed for such in any re-entrant configuration is a poor idea.

I understand the re-entrant vs not re-entrant piston, what I am not sure I understand is why a narrow cone angle is a poor idea? Does it have combustion issues? I would think it would give a larger timing window?

Thank you.

Back