Big single noob!

Justappumped24v

Running 10.90 index and still trying to get a feel for driving this truck. I have a s480 87 1.10, I did supporting mods camshaft and head work. I'm running an automatic with a TC lock up switch as well as a manual VB. I have the slut TC from Phil at DPC. Also have 5k gov springs. Just wondering best way to stay on top of the charger. Was playing around on some launches last night and kept loosing my boost when I was trying to go from 2nd to 3rd. I was shifting with my TC locked. Hope that's enough info

Did you bump the timing up since the fire thread?

Don't be afraid to get that timing up into the 30's

i couldn't stay on top of a cast 75/87 .90 when shifting into od with the converter locked. would surge like a mofo....was shifting at 4100rpm.

30s ? Ok sounds good to me so far I took the timing up to 28* but I'll try 30 and see what happens then. And I'll slide my AFC all the way forward. I also have a 1.0 housing and a .9 just to be safe my turbo came with all 3. So I can add fuel and timing and see if I can get it. But since the fire thread I now carry a fire extinguisher lol

i couldn't stay on top of a cast 75/87 .90 when shifting into od with the converter locked. would surge like a mofo....was shifting at 4100rpm.

Truck has to be running to spool the turbo Jacob. LOL :poke:

Let's remind everyone what injectors you were running... I got on top of my charger several times with no surging!

Let's remind everyone what injectors you were running... I got on top of my charger several times with no surging!

littles ones. had a couple ideas that should have made it work but moved on to compounds and much much better ideas.

I run about 31* with a similar setup... It could probably stand more, but we went 10.72 last year on a 476. I never had problems on the 2-3 shift, just 3-4 if i hit it too soon. I have no idea where I shift... I just go off sound/feel.

I run about 31* with a similar setup... It could probably stand more, but we went 10.72 last year on a 476. I never had problems on the 2-3 shift, just 3-4 if i hit it too soon. I have no idea where I shift... I just go off sound/feel.

What truck and weight?

02' 13mm pump... No Idea on weight, I would assume 6k-7k.

This makes me really happy. I'm the same setup and around the same weight or less but with a billet S475. I assume you were spraying?

So I bought a B&M Stealth Pro Rachet shifter which is universal but works with the 727 trans. Will this work for my 47RE? Or is there a better shifter for our trucks. I know I have to wire up a switch for OD.

Back