billet cam

here is some specs from haisley's/scheids sled pulling billet cam.

Grind: 375-232/351-253-5
Lobe Centers: 105
Duration Ex @.050 Tappet lift 253
Duration In @.050 tappet lift 232

Valve lift is 1.5 Rocker .567Intake .527 Exhaust

98 - 100 degree centerline ATDC

advancing the centerline is supposedly supposed to help with low end..retarding cam timing is supposed to net you more power on the top end...but, I'm here to tell you it's not going to make that much of a difference.
\

how old is that grind??? I thought Van said they run the same one scheids run. andf mine is alot bigger than that.

I think thats bull sh!t you post n up their info on here what a sell out!!

true, luckily it is an old grind but still, they get what they do cause of all the hours spent on R & D for every grind. so all that guy is doing is screwing haisleys out of well earned money.

here is some specs from haisley's/scheids sled pulling billet cam.

Grind: 375-232/351-253-5
Lobe Centers: 105
Duration Ex @.050 Tappet lift 253
Duration In @.050 tappet lift 232

Valve lift is 1.5 Rocker .567Intake .527 Exhaust

98 - 100 degree centerline ATDC

advancing the centerline is supposedly supposed to help with low end..retarding cam timing is supposed to net you more power on the top end...but, I'm here to tell you it's not going to make that much of a difference.
\

how old is that grind??? I thought Van said they run the same one scheids run. andf mine is alot bigger than that.

That grind is what I had 3 years ago on the large cast camshaft from haisley

fact is any one with an old cam doctor can "read" the specs off of any cam and anyone with a set of v-blocks n a dial indicator can do the same.

A cam manufacturer is NOT entitled to withold specs if you paid the money for his cam - I dont care how much he spent on R&D - the performance is what sells the cam - hell where would Crane, Comp Cams etc be today if they didnt advertise the specs and what it would or would not do for your motor

Gimmee a break - gettin pissy cause sumone actually had the balls to post the specs on a "diesel" cam is right out there with ponzi n pyramid schemes - gimmee yur money n maybe you get what you paid for or not - christ - they could ship you a stock cam n tell u it was the "CATS meow" and you wouldnt know the difference with nothin to reference or check against - ie the "specs"

this "secrecy sheet" is more than a little boring given one can only do so much in a regrind

Now if you started from scratch and reinvented the wheel , in cam technology, (unlikely) one might be entitled to a little secrecy till his cam made some seriously different hp numbers - also unlikely

We made the money - we paid the taxes on our money - and if we spend our money - we are ENTITLED to know what we spent it on - diesel cam or otherwise

My cam manufacturer gave me mine with no issues - but seein as how everyone feels its "top secret if i tell you gota kill u stuff" i guess i will not share either

lmao lolololololololololol

wheres my agent 99 watch so Max can get the bad guys

too funny

Last edited:
I do billets but there is no point in posting cam specs as nearly every application I do is diffrent based on its intended purpose. Are they the best? Are they the baddest, I don't know, and they probably aren't try 100 diffrent ones you might find some better and some worse, each engine is diffrent depending on lots of factors. I don't believe in one size fits all, and I don't work for free either....................... There are many satisfied competitiors and that is all that matters to me!

advancin or retardin a cam changes hp values about 500 rpm up or down the scale - give or take

On a really radical motor that number may change as much as 1000 rpm

no - advance/retard of a cam does not usally make more hp/tq - it just changes where the hp/tq range "is" by that much rpm

so usually if you blow the wheels off of it - you want to move up the rpm scale so it takes some torque off the bottom end and if you cant get outa the hole you want to move it down the scale so you have more torque to get movin

this is with the same camshaft/motor combo mind you

Totally different storey with cam changes - but here we are back to knowin what the cam specs are so we can make an intelligent choice on cam "specs" for the truck/motor combo we are runnin

I bought that cam this last winter...seems to have worked pretty good for me...and the cam specs are right off of the card I have. I paid for it...I can choose who, when, and where I share information with. I will tell anyone if they ask what's under the hood in as much detail as I possibly know. Don't like it...get jacked. I got tired real fast about people not sharing information especially when your going to invest some serious money in this overpriced crap. It's time to step up to the plate and get serious.

yes sir...nothing special...if you wanted to run up front all the time, I would seek elsewhere.

Yes all my cams come with a cam card, how else would you know what you got, and even how it is supposed to be properly degreed in.

Back