Billet or stock shaft?

cumminss2000

I have a core transmission that i plan to rebuild. It was rebuilt previously but I don't know anything about where. Comparing the input shaft to the a stock one I have the end looks different. It is a two piece. Does anyone know how or if you can tell the difference between a billet or stock shaft?

1 get picture on to computer
2 upload to photobucket.com
3 copy IMG code
4 click insert image and paste it into your reply

stockinput.jpg

Input.jpg

The first one is the stock one and the second one is the other. The inside of the shaft on the sock is more beveled than the other one. Other than that they look identical.

Is there a paint mark on the shaft? Majority of billet shafts have a thicker shaft to the splines too.

i just put a two piece billet input in a unit and it looked the same as the second pic and this one was from ats and the shaft was a smaller in diameter then the stock shaft i took out its possible it is a billet shaft

I can't get the pictures to load now for some reason. it does have a light yellow paint mark on it. Both shafts measure .975" right below the spline.

Good idea to post here Jake.... I see what you're talkin' about. I'll see if I can have stan look at this..... He's put in some two piece billets......

Just looks like an aftermarket stock replacement piece to me. I'll try to get a pic of the two piece billet shafts I've used put up tomorrow. Most billet shafts don't reduce diameter bellow the splines :Cheer:

Back