Billit crank

Socal Diesel= Many lies and broken promises. Also steals and copies other peoples work (camshafts) Bad parts and will not stand behind them!! I could elaborate on this but I am a piss poor typer:D
As far as Socal's crank I think there is only one in a motor and you wont be getting one soon, just ask the crank manufacture!!

If you want to fix the broken crank problem, just get an LLY/LBZ/LMM. Seems they aren't busting.

Crank

Have a shop offset grind the crank. If they put a good fillit in the corner it will make the crank stronger. Go down to a 2.2 BBC, and that will give you around 4.185 to 4.19 stoke depends on how good they are at setup. That with a overbore and you are around 440 cubes. Now you can run a FORD powerstroke wrist pin and gain a little room for rings. Its all good it just depends how bad you want it. Jeff

Roger Zeedyk said:
I have a LLY. I need one stroked.

IMO, which is worth absolutely nothing! :D

Let's say you can get 10% more displacement by stroking and boring.

You can't today, but let's dream.

That means you can get 10% more oxygen in the cylinder.

This is the same as increasing absolute boost 10% or increasing RPM 10% or a combination.

Unless it's the Bling Factor you are looking for, I'm not exactly sure why somebody would do it with displacement.

We aren't NA. So once you increase displacement 10% you must increase the turbo capacity 10% ANYHOW, so you are right back where you started, with a bigger charger to get the 10%.

Put 100PSI of cool air into the engine, make >1500HP at 4500rpm, and you are good to go at a mear 403ci. I suppose it could be argued that if you were bored and stroked, you could take that out to 1650HP, but realistically, you will run into lots of other issues to keep you busy before you ever get past 1000.

Increasing displacement makes the assumption that a lack of displacement is holding us back from making power. You are fixing a problem that doesn't exist.

As far as Guy Tripp of SoCalDiesel goes? I've never found him to be anything other than helpful and trustworthy. Does that mean he has never screwed up? RIGGHHHTTTT.... Only one person has made that claim, and it's nobody in this thread.

Stroker

Just for the record I agree with Pat on the cubic inch thing with a turbo. With forced fed motors cubic inch hurts use very little. It can be done but I believe it is a waist of time. Jeff

AND.... if it is more RPMs we want at these elevated horsepower levels (1000+) in order to stay away from rediculously high torque ranges, then I still don't see how ADDING stroke to the crank helps with that? How does an engine with added stroke spin faster, EASIER???? Perhaps it's not that it spins faster easier but rather the notion that if it gets to spinning faster, it'll make more power once it does?

I just don't see the neccesity for more stroke at this point. then again, I'm not really up to speed on my knowledge of engine building.

C-ya

bigger bore is where one should look for more power in a v8 diesel
with low rpm engines i would increase bore and stroke to get cubes
with a v8 you want rpm with a bigger bore to make power because of the turbo forcing air into the cyl along with the extra fuel

you dont see long strokes on motors running high rpm because of the added weight to the rotating mass

the duramax v8 diesel needs a bigger bore along with the stroke it has and it will make big power at 4500
once the aftermarket blocks and heads come out :gag: $.02 $.02 $.02 :poke:

now that is more along the lines of what I was thinking but I also don't know all the in's and out's of the science behind these builds yet.

C-ya

Back