Bilstein 5100 series?

p7100

Swedish
Is this a good upgrade on shocks for a daily drive truck?
Gonna do a restoration on my dodge 2nd gen and now it's time to decied which shocks?
Give me your opinons, good and bad stuff. :)

I absolutely love my 5100 bilsteins. On edit: that's going from a cheap OReilly Monroe crap from previous owner. They ride awesome.

Last edited:
I have em all the way around on my truck, I recommend them to everyone looking to replace their shocks. Also, I do have two good used front's F/S. I changed them because I put the Fleece hide away shock towers on mine. PM me if you wanna save a buck, I havent put them on the F/S forum yet.

I might be interested in the 2 you have if the op doesn't want them. One of mine lost dampening, it only has 10000 miles on it so I'm hoping this isn't a trend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I might be interested in the 2 you have if the op doesn't want them. One of mine lost dampening, it only has 10000 miles on it so I'm hoping this isn't a trend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I have 7100's on my truck, one of the back ones blew a seal out in about 5k miles. I think another one has gone out in it as well. I'm not terribly impressed with them. I'm hoping its an anomaly. I had the yellow and blue ones on my 2wd truck, drove/rode well and never an issue in about 50k.

I have em all the way around on my truck, I recommend them to everyone looking to replace their shocks. Also, I do have two good used front's F/S. I changed them because I put the Fleece hide away shock towers on mine. PM me if you wanna save a buck, I havent put them on the F/S forum yet.

Ok thanks for the input. No thank you sir, gonna buy new ones next year for the front, doing half the truck now and started out with the back. :)
But thanks.

I have 7100's on my truck, one of the back ones blew a seal out in about 5k miles. I think another one has gone out in it as well. I'm not terribly impressed with them. I'm hoping its an anomaly. I had the yellow and blue ones on my 2wd truck, drove/rode well and never an issue in about 50k.

To answer the original question, I have 5100's all the way. No problems...Tate, the 7100's have the remote reservoir, right? Other than the seal blowing how were they compared to the 5100's?

Back