Bit the bullet, ordered a stainless diesel manifold.

Resolute_weldin

The truck is an 02 3500 4wd. Has a 62/71/12 and 7x.009s with a built trans and quadzilla. Truck has run well but felt a bit laggy, put one of Levi's blankets on and it really helped with spool up quite a bit, so it got me to looking and this seems like a good next step.

Getting away from the 71mm turbine wheel would have benefited a VP truck more than anything. A 62/68 is a dream with a vp truck.

Nothing noticeable will change in the sound you hear.

96 3500 5x018 7mm dvs 62fmw

Unless you are running a T4 turbo there is no benefit to upgrading your manifold, unless a 2nd Gen swap on a 3rd Gen.

That's really not what I wanted to hear lol. I kept reading over a bit quicker spool up and some egt drop. Is that total malarkey with a second gen?

I have never seen any gains from the two aftermarket manifolds I have run. First was a cast ats three piece t4 and my current is a stainless t4. The stainless does hold heat much better. Takes forever for the thing to cool down.

Mostly what you are reading are people who are trying to justify the $600+ they just spent in their head. It is a nice manifold and I am sure there are some gains with compounds and pushing the T3 foot to the limit. In your case, I doubt you see much. Gasket matching the stock mani and turbine housing would do about as much. All of that being said, as long as you are happy with your purchase that is all that matters. It is a good product.

2nd Gen 24v stock manifolds tend to Crack at the divider, especially on a non stock engine. You'll probably end up spending the money at some point anyway so it might as well be now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't doubt that it happens but between the 10+ cummins powered trucks I have owned I have had zero stock manifolds crack.

I've had two different ats manifolds crack, I'd bet a stock one holds up better than those.

Well. I'll let y'all know if it actually changes things. Truck runs 1030-1150 at 70. It'll hit 1250 on a steep hill. Most I've seen on WOT is about 1470. And 52 psi is max. So I have a baseline to start from. Haven't put it on yet, it'll be here tomorrow.

I don't doubt that it happens but between the 10+ cummins powered trucks I have owned I have had zero stock manifolds crack.
Both of mine were cracked when I bought them and I've seen many more that were cracked or had pulled the bolts. It's weird how experiences can be that different, as many as I've seen broken I'd just assumed it was common everywhere.

Both of mine were cracked when I bought them and I've seen many more that were cracked or had pulled the bolts. It's weird how experiences can be that different, as many as I've seen broken I'd just assumed it was common everywhere.

I also havent had any crack on me stock or otherwise and since I have been in to diesels I have only seen one cracked manifold and it was a 12v.

We have seen handfuls of vp trucks with cracked and or flat out broke manifolds.

Back