Black 2002 24v pull truck in Michigan

bluthndr

Sorry if this is in the wrong area. Saw this truck up for sale and drove it. Prob not interested in buying it, but curious about what it is hardware wise. Apparently it is a "known" truck from around here (SW Michigan) and must've pulled in 2.6, unless the guy took off some other turbos, although there is no sign of that...

Anyway, at first glance/drive it has a built trans with a custom valve body (shift points seem setup for pulling and TC feels tight). Runs and idles like it has a BIG VP44 pump in it, a large single 2.6 'charger, 12mm studs, x-guard in exhaust behind turbo, weight brackets in front and home made orange ladder bars in back. Anyone know it? Anyone know what's inside?

I can tell it used to have at least one box (duh) on it as the spade connectors are still there on the harness, and I'm guessing it once had big injectors which are gone, since it is totally clean at idle.

Externally it is a black 2002 sport quad cab, orange ladder bars, add-a-leafs (sits high in back) with a single 6" stack in the bed and clearance lights on the cab. Anyone know the truck or it's history?

Last edited:
I have seen it pull a few times. It had a 3'ish tall Cummins "C" for a weight on the front to match the orange ladder bars. It ran good for a vp truck. Did you buy it?

No. Just curious what it was. Sounded pretty nasty just idling, like pump n timing, but unimpressive to drive (as most pull trucks unhooked I think). Trans has weird 1-2 shift at times, bad vibration on accel, and without knowing how it used to be setup, it is worthless (what box/program, what sticks it had, cam or no, fire rings or no, billet shafts or no, etc). Regardless, they want almost 17K for it - which I wish them luck with...

If you knew what the motor and trans had inside, it might be worth looking into if it was significantly less $, but as it sits not so much.

The guy who used to own it is Dennis Quimby. It has a monster pump on it, bigger connector tubes, 250 injectors, aurora 5000, studs, 110 valve springs, billet input, and intermediate, bd convertor and valve body, Limited slip Dana 80 rear. He traded it in at a dealership.

Last edited:
Back