Black Smoke Diesel Club Dyno Day

WILD_PHIL

Hey guys so here it is. Black Smoke Diesel Club's first dyno day. It will kick off Saturday Feb. 27th, 2010 at 0900am lasting until were done. It is at 3122 Commerce Dr. Killeen Texas 76543. This is Fort Hood. We will be running mainly diesel's but are open to the public. 50 buck per run for each truck until everyone has run. Then we will let guys run again. I want to make sure we have enough time for everyone to roll at least once. We will be BBQ, plenty of parking space, and fun for everyone. There might even be pay outs to the highest number in different classes. Just depends on the turn out. So come on out. Enjoy your selves. And lets see what the dyno has to say about you ride.

Please PM me to RSVP ASAP so I have a better idea of how many will be there.

Hope to see all of you there.

Had a hick up with the shop I was going to do this at. So I changed shops.

March 6 2010
830AM
The Car Shop
1209 S Fort Hood St Killeen Texas 76542.

Ok guys less than 48 hours from go time. We got the food(500 bucks worth), got the drinks, everything is set in place, and were just waiting on Saturday morning to come. Anyone needs more info PM me.

Also if you feel like bringing food or more drinks feel free.

830AM Briefing
900AM Start rollin trucks
901AM-.......... Having fun all day long.

1209A S. Fort Hood St.
Killeen Texas

Lots of trucks have already RSVP.

Well it was a decent turn out, the food was awesome, but the numbers sucked. It was a mustang dyno, not an inertia dyno. Therefore the numbers suffered a 10 to 20% decrease in what they should have been. Best way of explaining it, inertia dyno are equivalent to a crank dyno, as where a mustang dyno gives you your power numbers your laying down on the street.

J.T.
2006 Cummins Dually
508HP
1007TQ
twins, sticks, 3 programmers, the list goes on.

On a side note I got one of the highest TQ numbers of the day at 990. With just basic mods.

3 programmers? So he had a bullydog tuning a smarty tuning a superchips?

No he was running Smarty, TST, and something else. Problem was he loaded the Smarty in the parkinglot so he didnt have the 100 to 200 miles on it before the smarty kicked in.

Uhhh what? From what I have been told the smarty takes some time to get completely.... engaged? He put down 501HP with out the smarty, and 508 with it, and it was cranked all the way. The TST was set on 3, and IDK about the other one.

Just crap that I have heard other guys say. Not that they were diesel gurus or anything, seriously they really werent. lol And I dont know chit about them. I just learn from other people, and their experiences. When it comes to Smartys and stuff.

Not sure on the CP3s or the rest of the truck. I will get in touch with him tonight and find out.

If he had the smarty and tst set like you say, he had better have either a pretty serious single pump or twin cp3's. Not the best setting unless you have what it takes for it.

So when you download a piece of software to your 6.0 does it take 100-200 miles to "engage?" Is the kid a member on here? I'm dying to know what else he has.

Some ECMs, PCMs, TCMs, and BCMs have the ability to "adapt" to certian factors such as your driving habits but it's only within a small margin, and I'm not so sure the cummins ECM works to that degree.

Back