Bloody Knuckles & Tylenol

satburn

But she's finally done. Seized wrist pin bearing, scored piston, cracked return line, busted oil ring on a new set of pistons, snapped timing pin in the p-pump, cracked fan shroud, runaway condition on the initial startup... yeah, that pretty much covers the highlights. But look at her now, she starts up and runs and best of all NO KNOCKING!!! :evil This thing fought me the ENTIRE time going back together, but she's done and sounds really good at an idle, nice and throaty.

Stacks1.JPG

Stacks2.JPG

Thanks guys. Let me tell you an in-frame overhaul will test your patience and your sanity. Like I said, it fought me the whole time, everything from breaking stuff as it went back together, breaking tools, trouble getting the motor to sit back into the motor mount saddles. Don't even get me started on the intricacies of pressing tapered wrist pin bearings back into a connecting rod. But, after all that, I did go ahead and put all the good stuff back in it and I did all of the wrenching, so if it blows up, all my fault.

That's the best way... doing it yourself. You know it's done right and if something breaks, you have only yourself to look to... Good job and damn nice truck.

Congrats! Nice looking truck.

I know exactly what you went through!

Thanks, I just finished bumping the timing up on her tonight (you know, the amount of advance that your head gasket starts moaning?). Took it for a spin and wow, isn't it amazing how much the exhaust note changes when you change the timing? Sounds completely different. Now tomorrow I'll be welding up a new hitch for it. That dinky clevis has got to go.

Smokem said:
So you are satisfied with our estimate on advance?

:thankyou2: Oh yes... :evil and yes, thanks for your help through these last few weeks! It is REALLY liking to run there. Going down the highway and around town you can tell it took a small drop in power between idle and about 1800, but once the old tach hits about 2000 you better be reachin' for a handle. Its just begging for wide open after 2000. Smoke is down too, but I haven't worked up the nerve yet to really step into her. I have a dyno event on June 9th and we'll see what happens then.

Where is your dyno event June 9th? I have one up here in Schofield WI to attend. :)

Back