blu_bu_u's P-pumped 24valve dyno results from Spring 2013

blu_by_u

Diesel Head
I forgot to post my results here from when I dyno'd last Spring at Chris Snyder's. Truck specs include:

2001 24 valve HO 6 speed
160hp Ppump conversion
100 plate
Mack rack plug
Barrels racked
4gsk
0.084 injector lines
7 x 0.010" injectors from Weston
Big Stick cam from Colt Cams
Tunnel Ram intake from Crazy Carl's
BHAF air filter
Kenny's dual disc clutch
Air Dog 150
3.55 gears
Completely stock HX35 turbo

IMG_0872-25p.jpg

Thanks Swalldog!

My only 2 goals for the day were:
- over 1,000 ft-lbs
- don't break something

Both goals were reached. I thought maybe it would be in the 400+ hp range, never in my wildest dreams would it have hit over 500 hp.

Nice what's egts on that dude

Thanks! I wish I knew what they were during the run but Dan's Diesel does the driving on the dyno. I probably should've asked to ride shotgun. I will tell you that EGTs can get to the 15-1600 mark fairly easy but I tend to drive the truck easier than most (I think). I still tow our 10,000+ lb toy hauler with the truck. I just watch the pyro a little closer, and the passenger side mirror to make sure I'm not covering the camper with soot.

Whats it gated at? That's impressive.

Thanks! I've never adjusted the wastegate rod but it does have the adjustable fitting from the TST box that I used to run. On the road I can see around 42psi or so. I think the cam dropped my manifold pressure which is fine with me. That just means that the intake valve is held open more and letting more of that charge air get to the cylinder.

That's definetly impressive for a stock turbo for sure, regardless what egts where. Surprised it held in there, no matter what everybody says they are a tough lil bugger for the abuse people put them through. Right on! What is it gated at? whats it normally run?

Last edited:
Back