boost gauge pressure hose

Farmallgray

I wasn't sure where to put this. I'm wondering what kind of hose is best to use for boost gauges etc. On my pulling tractor I'm running 3/16" vacuum line but I'm afraid I may start blowing it out. Right now I'm making about 36# of boost but I don't know how much more the vacuum line will take.

Also, I have an extra boost gauge that I was thinking about plumbing in to check my drive pressure. What kind of hose should I use for that? And will the heat hurt the gauge?

I have always used the hose that comes with the gauge with no issues. Boost has been over 60psi.
If you are worried about looks and want something stronger you can go to stainless brake lines. Like THIS
Or the same in Kevlar HERE

Copper or stainless for high heat applications.. If they run into cab and connect to gauges they wil rattle, I change over to the nylon in the cab to keep it quiet. In my brothers car the nylon line pegged 100 psi on the oil pressure gaugem so I trust it more now.

I have always used the hose that comes with the gauge with no issues.

What kind of hose normally comes with boost gauges? I cheated and used an oil pressure gauge since they are a lot cheaper. It came with 1/8" clear nylon hose.

What kind of hose normally comes with boost gauges? I cheated and used an oil pressure gauge since they are a lot cheaper. It came with 1/8" clear nylon hose.

That's usually what most gauges come with. Works very well, or use braided line like mentioned above.

Lynn

I had a 1/8 copper line break on me and replaced it with a 4' length of 1/4" braided stainless which is working just fine.

Back