Boost or fuel

L6powered

My truck is having problems getting over 2k prms. The turbo won't get more than 10lbs. of boost. I check the turbo for play and pulled the intercooler pipe and everything loooks fine. Also when floor from a dead stop I get plenty of fuel down low and once it gets to 2k it just falls on it's face. There is some white smkoe from the exhaust but not a whole bunch. Also when in park the motor will rev to almost 3k without stumbing or cutting out. I change the fuel filter only 4l miles ago. What should I look at next.
Thanks,
Dave

how much supply pressure are you running?

Last edited:
Wouldn't know. It still as the stock lift pump. What's the best way to check the pressure?

With a Gauge....

Clamp the rubber portion of the fuel return line and see if the power comes back.

Drove the truck this morning and am getting a real loud tick from the lift pump. Guess I'll just replace it. How hard is it to do? Any good tips?

A ticking lift pump doesn't mean that it's bad, I'd check the pressure before shotgunning parts at it. Your problem could be as simple as the rubber fuel lines or fuel heater sucking in air, or a weak/bad overflow valve.

Back