boots for different turbo

bluelineranch

so how are you guys and gals running your hookup from the intercooler to your compressor outlet on larger single turbos? I have an s366 now and I've usually been able to stretch things out enough that I don't need to add pipe or more boots but it seems this time ill have to rig up something different. What are your thoughts, ideas, or current success stories with this?

have an exhaust shop form you a new tube with the right dimensions on the ends of the pipe. companies also make reducers that will work if you dont want to make a new pipe.

Okay so just replace the cast elbow with something of a similar shape, I just thought I might be thinking too hard about it

I fab a new pipe from mandrel bends and reuse the stock boots. If the stock boots fail they are easy to upgrade or replace.

What compressor discharge is on your S366? 3rd gen style, boot coupler, or is it like a 2nd gen with the v-band? When I put my GT4202R and S480 in, a 3" pipe, a 90 and a 45 degree bends worked well, trim to to get the right angle.

during one of my installations I used a 3" short radius elbow, exhaust tubing/equivalent, then added a boot at the compressor outlet and connected that to the factory intercooler tube with the factory boot. Just make sure to either acquire an elbow with beads rolled in it or weld on beads yourself

yes, iirc it's a 3" CLR bend (i had mangled one from a twins kit). Also had to hammer the seam on the inner fender because it pushed the intercooler out farther to the passenger side than normal

so how are you guys and gals running your hookup from the intercooler to your compressor outlet on larger single turbos? I have an s366 now and I've usually been able to stretch things out enough that I don't need to add pipe or more boots but it seems this time ill have to rig up something different. What are your thoughts, ideas, or current success stories with this?

You need to get the housing machined to accept a v-band and then use the stock elbow.

The stock elbow is very small compared to all the other plumbing I think I'd want to delete that piece wouldn't I?

Back