Bottom end?

12valvetater

Since dropping this valve I have a bunch of time to put the engine back together. I'm wondering at what power level/ rev range do you need to consider a girdle main studs and HD rod bolts? My rotating assembly was balanced when I rebuilt the engine 5k miles ago. I won't be using nitrous at all. Truck will be a 2.6 play toy that I want to be able to drive to work in a snow storm if need be.

i put 14mm main studs and HD rod bolts in mine when I last had the motor out. I'm kicking my self now for not taking the extra time and adding a girdle, IMO if you have the extra time and money do it right so you don't have to do it again.

Altho the stock bottom end can take a lot of abuse

Thats what I was thinking. I mean I have horrible luck and seems if it can go wrong it will. I'm more worried about breaking something in the driveline and zinging the engine to 6k.

Thats what I was thinking. I mean I have horrible luck and seems if it can go wrong it will. I'm more worried about breaking something in the driveline and zinging the engine to 6k.

when my u joints broke i only hit 5k, the gov springs in my pump work very well :Cheer:

it was said in another thread, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Garrett

Back