Bought a tdi. Guess it's time to modify it too

Well I built me a stainless 3" exhaust. Couldn't see paying the big money for a exhaust so I built one from a kit I got on eBay. Finally got it all fitted how I want and hangers made and put me a 5" black chrome tip on it. Turned out nice got prolly $250 in it. Stock dp still but il address that once I put a different turbo on.
c5646b64ba4861139d4956f6653cb849.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ive been driven my 09 for about 4 yrs now and i have to keep handing my wife the keys and wallet when i get a itch to tune and delete it. i got it with 40k and now i have 195k and have stock front rotors and pads, clutch etc.
just waiting on that stupidhpfp to blow on me and im stuck with a huge bill!!! so i will probably sell it and get a older one to play with.

i dont know of to many 2.0 tdi motors above 150k with original hpfp.

gotta love th tq of these little cars though. 6th gear up any hill loaded with friends np

I know of a 2.0 cr TDI with a modified 6.4 ford pump on it making some killer numbers.

I'm hoping to sell the 98 mk3 to get another 02 mk4 to daily this week.

Just the angle of the pic lol I would like to lower the car though

How much power can you reliably get out of these cars? Ive been considering one for a DD but I want a built automatic to support some mods but I cant find any parts for the auto. I have a 2500lb race boat I'd like to tow around town with it.

How much power can you reliably get out of these cars? Ive been considering one for a DD but I want a built automatic to support some mods but I cant find any parts for the auto. I have a 2500lb race boat I'd like to tow around town with it.

about 200 if you run rpm, 180-190hp before the rods get bent. I think with 300ft/lbs, it would pull 2500lbs just fine, but thats almost as heavy as the car lol. With a stock car, 2500 would be a little heavy IMO.

I did find one company that said they'll build an auto, that will work for almost everybody. I started a thread about auto's a while back, had some decent info in it.

Last edited:
My 160 ish WHP is a blast!! Totally worth modding!!!

Hoping to do exhaust and some custome tuning to get to 170-180 ish. Should be perfect after that!!

What turbo you running? Injectors?

VNT17, PP764's, Malone stage 4, SouthBend stg. 2 clutch, 3bar map, few other basics.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEaS0dI_gE0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEaS0dI_gE0[/ame]

Hopefully when the weather gets nice il throw some more parts at mine. Id like to be around 180 or so

Heres one that is right up the road from me. Way more then I'd like to spend but seems to have done his hw. Claims 300whp/527wtq

http://tampa.craigslist.org/psc/cto/4815034609.html

I am posting this up to see if there is any interest to buy my beautiful 2009 VW Jetta TDI w/79k miles. It is a highly modified and custom tuned car that is daily driven and enjoyed. It is one of the FASTEST and MOST POWERFUL TDI cars in North America. I am asking for $16,000 obo. I am not looking for low ball offers as i am in absolutely ZERO hurry to sell the car. I am only offering to sell it since due to medical reasons its become difficult for me to daily drive it as often as i wish i could. Cars current tune put down 302whp/527wtq in Colorado on dyno while still averaging over 40+MPG everyday. The car has the hardware for much more power to be made, but the limited factor is the fueling, its flat ran out of fuel and the tune was detuned some to prevent Fuel Rail Pressure from dropping to low. With an Fuel Injection Pump upgrade the car should be able to make much more power. The current tune is Daily Driven with 35PSI, but the hardware is good up to 42PSI safely with fuel upgrade. I have already sourced a BRAND NEW CP4.2 for future fuel upgrade, but i have not yet install it due to still needing custom High Pressure Fuel Lines made.
If you are curious how well it drives with the custom tuning, here is a link to a video i made demonstrating its drivability.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3OhrylZIIMA&list=UUE1JnH71qVOS8Kzb6HspDzQ

The car:
2009 VW Jetta TDI 6spd
CBEA Engine Block (Original)
CBEA Cylinder Head (Original)
CDCA Injectors with Custom supporting hardware (VW Amarok Injectors)
02Q 6 Spd Transmission w/ Upgraded 2 and 3rd gear.
02Q Custom Machined Lightened Single Mass Flywheel
02Q Custom Built Single Disk Clutch
02Q Upgraded Differential
Sigma 6 Short Shifter
Teknik Coiled Race Motor/Tranny Mounts
Custom Tubular Manifold w/o EGR
GTB2263VK Turbo Setup
5 Bar Map Sensor
Audi TTRS Axles
APR LLK Solid Aluminum Intercooler
CP4.2 High Pressure Pump from Powerstroke Diesel Truck (Future Upgrade, but have the parts)
LP EGR Delete
HP EGR Delete
Intake Flapper System Removed
Custom Race Intake ASV
Full Performance Slam Autopilot V2 setup with 3/4 inch lines and manifold.
VSR Lightflicker lightened wheels with nearly brand new tires.

$16,000 obo NO LOW BALL OFFERS

Last edited:
Back