Box frame question

ryanss22

Sence I have a solid rear suspension via a ladder bared frame, is it necessary to fully box the entire rear frame?? I'm going to definitely box the middle of the frame under the rear of the cab area, just not sure if I should box the rest of rear frame as well. Don't want to add any unneeded weight back there. Truck my fummins in avatar

Sence I have a solid rear suspension via a ladder bared frame, is it necessary to fully box the entire rear frame?? I'm going to definitely box the middle of the frame under the rear of the cab area, just not sure if I should box the rest of rear frame as well. Don't want to add any unneeded weight back there. Truck my fummins in avatar

Still a Ford chassis? Lots of people have their own opinion on chassis flex. Myself I like a chassis to work in wouldn't box. But I have seen trucks that hook good "ridged" also

If your not having problems now I wouldn't box anothing just yet, but that's my opinion..

Yes still the OBS body/frame. I haven't noticed any issues with it yet.. just wondering sence I have the need already off to redo my hitch

I wouldn't box the frame either. Save the weight and buid well engineered set of ladder bars.

Already have the frame ladder bar setup installed and wormed good last year with out the frame boxed. Guess I'll keep it that way. Should I at least box under the cab where the frame can bend the easiest?

Back