Boxing or Plating The Frame On A Second Gen.

98xtremcummins

Hey Guys. As most of you have seen my trends that I'm building a 2.8 puller. I'm starting out with a 98 Ram exended cab long bed 12 valve 5spd 4x4. Yes I looked for about a year before finding this one as a lite roll over. The truck has never pulled anything and garage kept all of it's life. Also never had any type of frame damage. I have the motor in the works by big diesel shop. The driveline I'm building myself. The truck is pretty much all painted and mostly back together. I blasted the frame and por15 it. Anyways are any of you guys plating or boxing the rear half of the frame or do I leave it alone and let it flex? Yes It is blocked with inch travel and a three link ladder bar design traction bars. Any help on this would be great guys.

Tough call, probably depends on the HP your gonna run. If you think you are gonna severly flex the frame then do it. Bad thing is your putting probably 100 lbs in the wrong place.

I think im boxing mine this year actualy just alot of angle gussits. I have a reg. cab though. they flex alot more.

Back