Bracket 1, number one qualifier

paulb

Champion Raceway, in Medford, OR, had it's annual Nitro Summer fest last Saturday. The only class they had that I could race in was Bracket 1. This class was for electronic and non-electronic cars, that run between 12.99 and 8.90, so there was a mix of Super Gas, Super Pro, Pro, and of course...me... They qualified us by combining the reaction times in the last two rounds of qualifying. My reactions times we: .007, .007, .005. Combining the last two comes up with .012. The second qualifier had a .015 and a .000, which of course comes up with a .015 combined. He was a little put out that he cut a perfect light and got second to a 3/4 ton, 4x4, 7200#, diesel pickup. :hehe: Oh, yeah...Just for fun, the last round of qualifying, I put a dial on my window (gotta psych them out ya know!), a 12.60, and I ran a 12.601, so the total package was a .006. Ever seen Super Gas cars, not want to line up with a diesel pickup? :hehe:

Even though I lost in the quarter finals, I had such a good time at this race! Nitro cars, nitro harleys, women getting in for free, and some very cool cars. So many fans, and racers wanted to see the pickup and talk about it, and wanted to know where they could get parts to make their truck run like that!

Paul

i bet the look on there faces was worth a 1000 words :hehe:

Good job Paul :rockwoot:

Scott

:bow: :bow: :bow: to ya feets.... Awesome tree chopping skillz!:rockwoot:

WOW, paul. Great R/T times and an amazing package. Congrats! sounds like a ball.

Great Job Paul. You represent the Diesel community well!

I expect nothing less from you, except normally there is a W in the finals with it. Great job Paul!

Thanks for all the compliments! Here is a time slip from this weekend. I am F606 in the left lane.

004Package.jpg

That didn't scan very well. I'll work on it, but in a nut shell, it's a .004 light with a 12.90 dial, running a 12.90005. Roughly a .004 package. My best this year in eliminations. I crossed the finish line .066 seconds ahead of the other guy, with an over take speed of 24mph. He broke out by a over .10 trying to stay with me.

Last edited:
Those are consistantly the most dead on times I've ever seen racing diesels. My jaw kinda dropped.. I normally cut .02-.07 and I thought that was decent.. You just put me in my place.. haha.. That's just impressive..

Back