Brake line fitting

cumins01

Hello all. I have a 2001 with a dana 60 under the front. I want to replace the factory steel line (connects left to right sides) with a braided steel line. Does anyone know the size of the fitting that screws into the factory blocks on the frame? I know it is a inverted flare, but is it metric or standard?
Thanks

I'm not familiar with the line but I wanted to let you know you don't want to get to much length with a braided line. The braided line expands more than the steel line and if different length side to side, you won't have even braking.

Anyone know the fitting size? Getting ready to put the front axle under my pulling truck

If the line comes out of the proportioning valve directly to the passenger side, I wouldn't use the braided line. If this line connects the left and the right side together and is simply fed by the proportioning valve, you would be OK.

A quick google search revealed this:

https://www.summitracing.com/search/department/fittings-hoses/section/hose-line-tubing/year/2001/make/dodge/model/ram-3500/product-line/right-stuff-detailing-brake-line-sets?autoview=SKU&N=4294951003%2B4294949392%2B4294947476%2B4294947449&sortby=Default&sortorder=Ascending

Personally, I'd run down to advanced or wherever and just bend out a new one. $.02

Don't want to bend new line. It's going on my puller and I'm removing the cross member so I can remove the pan easier. Wanting to run it along the adapter plate so I have nothing "hanging" under the engine.

Back