Brake setup on F450 12 valve swap

twin_turbo

I just swapped a 12 valve into my 04 F450 with a ZF6. Everything is done except for the brakes. Could some one post a couple pictures of their hydroboost line setup? I have a pretty good idea how they go but want to know for sure before I start. thanks

Which setup are you trying to use? The P/S pump/vacuum pump or a gear pump?

with hydroboost, what is the use of the vacuum pump? I'm looking to convert mine over to the hydroboost soon, but if I could get rid of the vacuum pump and put in an air compressor, I'd rather do that.

On your '04 you take the pressure line off truck and take it to a hydraulic shop to have the Dodge/Cummins end insatlled. Then the big hose from the Ford reservoir to either one of the tubes on the pump reservoir. The small hose from Ford reservoir goes to P/S pump cooler.
I have a gear pump that bolts to the gear housing for sale.:poke:

What is the benefit of the gear pump? Could you post a picture of it? I have an air compressor/ps pump off a freightliner I was going to use but decided against it because it mounted where the motor mounts go. Could have made it work but wasn't worth the hassle. Thanks though ill get those lines made up. I have a couple places in my area that make hose but where would you recommend getting the dodge fitting and hose made? Is there anyway you could post a pic of your setup? I think I know what you are saying though just want to double check

You can see the pressure line in pic #1 & #4, it goes from the pump to hydraboost(comes out of pump right next to the bigger supply line). The bigger line from pump to Ford reservoir. And the little hose on the Ford reservoir that goes back toward firewall(by master cylinder) goes to the p/s cooler.

I like the gear pumps because you can get rid of the vacuum pump that's not needed on these conversions! Steven

photo.jpg

photo (100).jpg
And I lied about the Ford reservoir! LOL It has 1 big line and 2 small lines. 1 small line goes to the p/s cooler and 1 goes toward the master cylinder.

Alright thanks for all of your help. Ill get the lines made up and get it finished. How much are you asking for the gear pump? Thanks!

You are correct, I say that so people realize it bolts to the timing case and works via geartrain.

Bullrack, i was looking at your pics and noticed your throttle return spring is in the wrong spot. You have it clipped the the post where the cruise control cable would go. In your configuration it would not help you at all. It is pulling the same way the throttle cable is pulling. You want it to be under tension when you push the throttle so it will help return the throttle to the closed position. It's normally attached the bottom post on the throttle lever (the lower on on our pics you posted).

Just my .02

Jeremy

Back