brand new mcleod 2 disk slips

bonesmx2000

supportn the single moms
ok so i got a 2 disk mcleod street puller (unweighted) for my 03 cr dually. its pretty stk it has a tst powermax cr and thats all. a friend used my truck to pull a friends dually on a gooseneck down to scheids. it helped a little but still slips, unless you get out on the road and do a 3rd gear or 4th gear launch.
i talked to van about it he said thats kindof the nature of the beast with those if you are driving then on the street since they are made to grab when you get them hott.
but after talking to some friends who have them and drive on the street they dont have the problem i have has anyone else had this problem???
thanks jeremy

DId you break the clutch in before trying to do 3 and 4th gear launches, or before your buddy used it to tow the truck and trailer?

yeah i put 150 miles on it or so i talked to van when i noticed it slipping alot and he said just drive it he said launch it a couple times and see if once it is heated up does it get better or does it continue to slip and it helps i would say its got around 600 to 700 miles on it now

call make sure the disk were hardened. i had a triple disk and they were not hardened and they had to send me new disks.

Back