breathers

Johndeere9610

Ford guy
what are you guys doing for breathers and dont say a filter in the oil cap hole. I'm tried of oil down the valve cover.

I'm using a billet tappet cover and on the front cover in the center of the adj pump cover I used a weld in 3/4 pipe bung from jegs and put a 90* fitting on it. also the used the same idea in the valve cover in 2 spots. between cylinders 1-2 and 5-6. I just put some steel wool in the hose next to the fittings and routed them down the side of the block below the oil pan. hope this helps.
Steve

My factory hole is plugged and I have a vented tappet cover and one in the valve cover. you can also use the second oil drain that you would for the return on a set of twins and run it to a catch can.

i went to oreily's and got a breather with a baffle in it. drilled a hole on the side of the valve cover and ran a hose down to the bottom of the truck.

i went to oreily's and got a breather with a baffle in it. drilled a hole on the side of the valve cover and ran a hose down to the bottom of the truck.

That's kinda my idea. MY front cover is modded for access to pump gear so its a big blank spot. But I was just going to put and hole in the valve cover and run a hose.

i drilled holes in 2 and 5 with napa plastic 90*s on the exhaust side so it wasnt to close to the rockers and ran 5/8 hose down to the same length as the stock one. cost about 7 bucks. barely ever drips. my answer so take it for what its worth.. 7 bucks

On my brothers truck we used the APC mini filter in the oil cap, A 12v oil fill with a 4" diameter K&N, and a 12V tappet cover. The only blow by I see is out of the 12V oil fill, its alot for a motor with >4k miles on it.:confused:

I run the 12v tappet cover and stock front breather. Its more than enough.

Just like most others I used 2 push in baffled in the valve cover and drilled the 24v tappet cover for a -4 line then packed it with steel wool.

Stant 1111 oil cap with a hole drilled in it and a filter put on top. A valve cover beather from Summit

mine was a 12v to start with so i have the stock tappet cover breather and the 24v breather on the front cover

you guys that are running the 12v tappet cover what did you do about the ECM or does it clear?

Anyone ever try one of these: Wix Filters 495-42997 - WIX Filters Crankcase Breather Elements - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Used in drag racing crankcase evacuation setups, thought this would solve oil blowing out a filter. Just run a hose where ever you want. It would be nice if someone knew if the exhaust had enough vacuum to use a whole kit like this:Moroso 25900 - Moroso Crankcase Evacuation Systems - Overview - SummitRacing.com
to pull a vacuum and blow by into the exhaust.

-Dustin-

:pop:

Anyone ever try one of these: Wix Filters 495-42997 - WIX Filters Crankcase Breather Elements - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Used in drag racing crankcase evacuation setups, thought this would solve oil blowing out a filter. Just run a hose where ever you want. It would be nice if someone knew if the exhaust had enough vacuum to use a whole kit like this:Moroso 25900 - Moroso Crankcase Evacuation Systems - Overview - SummitRacing.com
to pull a vacuum and blow by into the exhaust.

-Dustin-

I have been wondering if using a setup like this, why couldn't you run a hose into the air filter pipe so that the turbo creates some vacuum on the crankcase hose? PCV valves have been like that for a long time on gas engines and I noticed the 6.0l Powerstroke also vents the crankcase into the air filter pipe obviously pre turbo.

Wouldnt that knock the oxygen content down going into engine and hurt hp and fuel economy.

Back