breathers

Yea, those style breathers have my mental gears a turning. Not sure using the suction of the turbo is a good idea, but since most of us don't run mufflers the vacuum in the exhaust shouldn't be restricted. However the large diameter piping we use probably pulls less vacuum than say a 3" pipe.

-Dustin-

Forest tried putting a crankcase breather hose piped into the exhaust and it was pressurizing the crankcase instead of pulling vacuum on it. I don't think it would cause a problem running them into the intake as long as the breathers had a filter/baffle media in it. 6.0l's have it setup that way. I just don't like drips for any reason and don't want them after the engine is back in my truck.

Anyone ever try one of these: Wix Filters 495-42997 - WIX Filters Crankcase Breather Elements - Overview - SummitRacing.com

Used in drag racing crankcase evacuation setups, thought this would solve oil blowing out a filter. Just run a hose where ever you want. It would be nice if someone knew if the exhaust had enough vacuum to use a whole kit like this:Moroso 25900 - Moroso Crankcase Evacuation Systems - Overview - SummitRacing.com
to pull a vacuum and blow by into the exhaust.

-Dustin-

I use 4 of those in my valve cover, never a drop of oil pushed out the blowby tubes.

Back