Broke Brass Screw

MegaDude

Long story short, torque wrench is in 8,000 pieces right now. Can these caps be replaced with another cap? 07 5.9 cummins any ideas for a easy fix or is it a new injector time?

[ame="http://s1205.photobucket.com/user/marcusnjess/media/A7B5310B-6BD2-4BB5-898C-7041EC797520.png.html"]A7B5310B-6BD2-4BB5-898C-7041EC797520.png Photo by marcusnjess | Photobucket[/ame]

Last edited:
Take a hacksaw or dremel and cut a slot in the top of the stud and screw it out. Otherwise I believe you can replace the solenoid. Call some injection shops that support CR injection systems to verify.

A7B5310B-6BD2-4BB5-898C-7041EC797520.png

Yes this happened to us one time. I do not remember how much it was to replace the top but it was not bad. The worst part was when it broke the stud fell down into the motor. After an hour of searching we found it in a valve spring.

Yeah replace the solenoid. Be careful when clocking the studs to the right position! AND don't use a impact gun next time! Two finger tight on a rachet is good enough!

You can buy the solenoids cheap, but of course they recommend you to bench the injector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I havent done have heard of people soldering the wire to it. Just makes pain to change later

I did the same thing earlier this year. $119 for a new solenoid and to get the injector cleaned and calibrated from II. This was on their cobra injectors may be a little cheaper on stockers. Todd from T&C could probably hook you up too.

Happens all the time, I took a small drill bit and drilled into the screw once it catches it will screw right out but be careful not to drop the broken part in the motor. Got a solenoid from a local shop. Not the end of the world just time pulling the injector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've changed out solenoids without pulling the injector! Had to remove rockers but that's easy!

Back