Broke my Dana 80 this weekend.

kxhonda

Pulled at Peru, In this weekend and didn't have much luck. Ended up shattering my spider gears. So besides a spool what would be the best rear end to go with? I've heard more than once that Detroits are junk now that Eaton owns them.

Here's the vid, looks like it would have been a good pull... untill the hop, need some traction bars.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO1QPiHMxkA

If its a daily driver I don't think you can get a better locker than an ARB, but then again they're not the cheapest either. As far as strength though, I think a full spool is as strong as you can go.

For all out strength I dont think you can beat the spool option. People will go back and forth about the spool on the street. After going down to TS and seeing Redstroke tow a gooseneck with another truck on the back, with a solid rear end, unload, whack the dyno, run around all weekend and then tow the trailer back to Michigan. Yeah say what you want but it can be done. I have a spool now and new 300m axles.

The spool is possible, but if it sees much street use I would not suggest it. Running down the interstate is one thing, navigating around in parking lots is a pain, lots of 3 point turns. I vote for an ARB.

i have a tru trac and love it, but i dont do a whole lot of street driving. but i have driven it with it and no problems

Sell him your ARB Dan and you can get a spool, yours isnt seeing any street time.

This winter I would do it. I want to go to a 37 spline setup.

Heres what I saw when I pulled the cover...

DCP_2098.jpg

Well, I ended up finding a brand new power-lok for a price I couldn't pass up. It will get me back on the road again real quick. Hopefully it will last longer than the trac-lok that was in there.

I had a 70 that looked just like that a year ago. I have little love for spider gears and cross shafts.

Heres what I saw when I pulled the cover...

DCP_2098.jpg

Well, I ended up finding a brand new power-lok for a price I couldn't pass up. It will get me back on the road again real quick. Hopefully it will last longer than the trac-lok that was in there.

Thats why I have a spare set of spiders sitting in a box in my garage... And wouldn't you know it, it was the axle shaft that let go :kick:

Thats why I have a spare set of spiders sitting in a box in my garage... And wouldn't you know it, it was the axle shaft that let go :kick:

Yea, but chances are if the spiders go, they're prob gonna take out more stuff. It got my pinion gear and carrier also.

Back